Which one is the NPS?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolusername

Reaction score
Hey,
The neutral position switch is the next gremlin Iv got to deal with in My '02 D22, just need a hand to positively identify it in the pic, Forum posts get me thinking its the one with the blue cap but the manual gets me thinking thats its the one abit further back with the black cap. The new NPS I have has a blue cap so I'm leaning to Blue = blue. Gear stick boot is in the bottom left of the photo.
Any one help?
Cheers

Attachments

• SSL12195.jpg
    SSL12195.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 2,914
Last edited:
on a nav i don't know off by heart but here is a tip. disconnect both and stick a multi meter into one. then select neutral read the meter, then place into gear. then change over to the other one and take from 1st to reverse to compare.

This will show you which one is reverse and which one is neutral.

cheers for the tip. I ended up pulling finger and having a read through the manual, found the circuit diagram and wire coding. For anyone who wants to know, nps in an 02' st-r v6 has one yellow/red wire and one black, turned out to be theone with the blue cap in the pic. Snipped the wires so I could get a 19mm socket on it from underneath, swapped it for the new one which i could just get a 19mm O/E spanner on to pinch it tight. Need something else to fix now! Doubt I'l have to wait long, weekend is just around the corner.

Hello, would this cause a puff of white smoke? I get a stutter when the engine is not up to temperature with a puff of white smoke.

Mines is the ZD30 2004 nissan frontier.
Thanks.

Mmmm, don't know how to tell you this but black smoke = diesel, blue smoke = oil and white smoke = water/coolant, at least this is my understanding, I hope I'm wrong for your sake. Some more experienced folk may correct me if I'm wrong.

Back