TJM Pro Locker

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey fellas just rang my local tjm dealer and they do an air locker for the front diff of the d22. They say they are not doing a rear cause it is seriously not needed. So the price for locker installed complete with wiring harness switches pump etc is wait for it, keep waiting, gonna make you wait, $2155 installed :'( so dam expensive.

What are peoples takes on this locker and is it worth it?

Hey fellas just rang my local tjm dealer and they do an air locker for the front diff of the d22. They say they are not doing a rear cause it is seriously not needed. So the price for locker installed complete with wiring harness switches pump etc is wait for it, keep waiting, gonna make you wait, $2155 installed :'( so dam expensive.

What are peoples takes on this locker and is it worth it?

This is definitely the R180A front diff????????????? Are you sure they are not talking about the R200 V6 diff?

sounds like they have the diffs mixed up. if they havn't, let us know as i;m sure there wil be heaps interested.

Wel my girlfriends bro rung arb looking for a front locker and they said they did one bt when i rung they only did rear. Majority of the arb amd tjm dont no much bt the occasional one does

Arb only do a rear and they aren't gonna do a front. Tjm I've never really liked them but if they are right about a front locker then I mite start liking there gear again. I guess it the customer service that really appeals to me. Shit service to me is a no return.

as far as i know, please correct me if wrong but i'm pretty sure. ARB make one for both rears (c200 diesel and h233b petrol) TJM only make one for the h233b petrol 31 spline rear as its the same as the gq/gu front diff, they don't make one for the c200 diesel. Neither of them make one for the r180a front diff (diesel) but ARB make one for the r200a which is in the front of the petrol. As for the quality of the TJM pro locker, in many ways they are better then the ARB as they don't leak like the arb ones as they don't have that o-ring problem and the air hose they use is really heavy duty compared to the ARB. TJM is an old design (orignally made by Jack Mcnamara http://www.mcnamaradiffs.com.au/ ) and TJM paid him for the design. I'd chose the TJM for my rear but only the ARB is available for my diesel.

Last edited:
you might be right. im just going of the convo i had with a tjm salesperson today and he assured me that the pro locker fitted the front diff of my 09 str. so i might call them again tomoz and see if i get a different sales person and ask them. im hpoing they do have a front diff one now. u will be getting it :D

I can't confirm whether or not they are available, but I have an arb locker in the rear of my d40 abd it is excellent. All my 4wding is now slow and controlled, I don't have to bounce over things. Front might be different though because it will make steering quite difficult when it is engaged.

i didnt wanna put the arb in the rear cause of the tight rear lsd it has, so im optioning for front something locker. whether its Auto Lokka or Pro Locker something is going in

once a wheel lifts off the ground that LSD is as good as a open diff. Even the best LSD needs some traction on that other wheel or it can't work. I do agree that locking the front first is a good choice, it will transform your hill climbs and decents.

Well its confirmed tjm are useless. The locker was not for the r180 diff but was for the r200 petrol diff. Bah so dam disappointed.

Rusty, your Nav should have 4.625 diffs.

Install a V6 D22 front diff or a R50 Pathfinder front diff.

Extra strength plus you can the locker.

The C200 is a low pinion and the R200A is a high pinion set up from memory. I have a R200A in the shed Ill have to check.

Hence why they used the same centre.

is it really just a swap? if the 200 diff is stronger then the 180 is mite be worth changing it. im not a diff expert but where does the c200 come from and the r200 come from? i dont knwo the difference and stuff. which front diff do i need to get the locker?

:devil:If everyone off the forum rang arb,tjm etc asking for a locker for the front I bet they might change their opinion on the front diff being too weak. They love cash!

Latest posts

Back