SA Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAYZIE

Reaction score
who likes stuff?

I like stuff.

If you like stuff then this is the place for you to talk about stuff.
The SA chat thread general Radalaide chit chat

Last edited:
took the kids up to mount crawford forest today for a camp fire and some mud slides

Scott

"Borrowed" your idea and did the same today with the tin lids.

Perhaps we should try and arrange something similar one weekend.

Gus

Last edited:
Is there any 4wd tracks at Mt Crawford that you can do? I was thinking of having a hunt round there so I can have a bit of local fun on a daytrip rather than organizing a big mission and going away for the weekend. I haven't been there in the Nav yet. most times I'm anywhere near Mt Crawford I'm whizzing by on the crotch rocket

Another question for those of you with a Diesel.. How do you go on the SE freeway whilst towing? I've towed the ski boat to the riverland (reasonably flat)and the D22 isn't that bad but I'd like more grunt as we all do. however I was towing an enclosed bike trailer with two motorbikes back from Mt Gambier this weekend and the Freeway killed me. Overtaking was a bitch, maintaining the speed limit was a bitch, all in all I was a bit pissed off. I know you can't expect much but the bikes would not weigh anywhere close to the ski boat but the long hills just killed it. Are the D40's and D22's all as bad in that situation. Wondering if an exhaust system upgrade and a DP chip would make much of a difference? I'm about to go into "justifying the expense to mod the ute" mode

Is there any 4wd tracks at Mt Crawford that you can do? I was thinking of having a hunt round there so I can have a bit of local fun on a daytrip rather than organizing a big mission and going away for the weekend. I haven't been there in the Nav yet. most times I'm anywhere near Mt Crawford I'm whizzing by on the crotch rocket

plenty of light tracks in the forest but if you have a set of bolt cutters I am sure you can find a few more tracks that will be a bit more challenging.LOL

Another question for those of you with a Diesel.. How do you go on the SE freeway whilst towing? I've towed the ski boat to the riverland (reasonably flat)and the D22 isn't that bad but I'd like more grunt as we all do. however I was towing an enclosed bike trailer with two motorbikes back from Mt Gambier this weekend and the Freeway killed me. Overtaking was a bitch, maintaining the speed limit was a bitch, all in all I was a bit pissed off. I know you can't expect much but the bikes would not weigh anywhere close to the ski boat but the long hills just killed it. Are the D40's and D22's all as bad in that situation. Wondering if an exhaust system upgrade and a DP chip would make much of a difference? I'm about to go into "justifying the expense to mod the ute" mode

was she blowing much smoke?
how long since your last service?
did you have the handbrake on? LOL...
you should of bought a petrol D40 and then you could have ripped a skid from Mt Gambier to Adelaide even while you were towing :victory:

plenty of light tracks in the forest but if you have a set of bolt cutters I am sure you can find a few more tracks that will be a bit more challenging.LOL

was she blowing much smoke?
how long since your last service?
did you have the handbrake on? LOL...
you should of bought a petrol D40 and then you could have ripped a skid from Mt Gambier to Adelaide even while you were towing :victory:

No smoke, 3k till she's due for a service, no handbrake on (left her at home)
No thanks on the petrol D40... LOL. I do also have a v8 commodore that is well versed in ripping skids when required :big_smile:

Ah women... Love em, but it's nice to go and do boys things every once and a while. I did actually do the "right" thing and ask her if she wanted to come and spectate whilst me and some mates screamed around a racetrack on motorbikes for the weekend.

She said No

Ah women... Love em, but it's nice to go and do boys things every once and a while. I did actually do the "right" thing and ask her if she wanted to come and spectate whilst me and some mates screamed around a racetrack on motorbikes for the weekend.

She said No

A win:win for both parties :)

you betcha!

But call me old school if you like, it's nice to come home after being tired from riding and freezing your arse off at a race track in Mt Gambier all weekend and then get home to find a smiling wife, roast in the oven a hot shower and your comfy inside out sheep for shoes waiting for you..lol... I must be getting old!

you betcha!

But call me old school if you like, it's nice to come home after being tired from riding and freezing your arse off at a race track in Mt Gambier all weekend and then get home to find a smiling wife, roast in the oven a hot shower and your comfy inside out sheep for shoes waiting for you..lol... I must be getting old!

not old just a Radalaidian
rock those inside out sheep for shoes:victory:

Let us know how it was. I on the other hand am not going to Mt Crawford or anywhere more interesting than WORK all weekend

just got back
what a day, had the food cooked on the fire cooked some damper and the only thing missing was beer.

I did it 2 weekends ago.

Pinnaroo then headed south to just before red bluff track

Turned to west and followed SW fence line of ngarkat (zig zag)

Connected up with shaugh track continued west.

Then headed west along south boundary track to tyms hill.

then home

Border track was very easy. sand was wet with heaps of traction. Sand hill normally 3rd low could be taken in 2nd low so the bumps were "less bumpy"

There weren't many sand hills on the actual boarder track. There were some good ones while zig zaging up the SW boarder. There were some really fun mud holes along the sth boundry track.

Also, I've now been told that there are some good hills when heading to red bluff.

Latest posts

Back