Rear Recovery Points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jumpers

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I am chasing a after market rear recovery points for a D40 (2011), Does any-one know if they are available.
:thank_you2:

A decent h/d tow bar is a recovery point.

Also, the brackets that bolt to the chasis might also have recovery points built into the design. My Ironman Rear step bar has recovery points built in to the chasis mount locations on both sides - so affectively i have 3 rear recovery point locations (including using the pin on the tow bar)

Failing a towbar, consider "Outback Ideas" recovery hooks.

The idea behind the hook is that if there's too much strain that would endanger the structural integrity of the vehicle, the hook straightens up and releases the rope. It's not my idea and personally think that could be dangerous but then that's what cable dampeners are for.

Just as old tony said; I have personally seen what happens when the tow bar hook snaps off during a snatch recovery! Luckly the hook bounced off the top of the rear window frame on my mates 80 series and didn't go through the cab because the force of which it hit would have gone straight through some one!
Very eye opening indeed

^ That's a good example of WHY the only people that should be in proximity to the vehicle being recovered is the person driving it, the person coordinating the recovery and the person driving the other vehicle. All other passengers should evacuate the vehicles and should stand clear - at least twice the length of the tow cable away, preferably more.

Latest posts

Back