td27t questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91terrano

Reaction score
hey guys new here and have come to pick a few brains :hmmmm2:

ive had my 91 terrano r3m on the road for about a month now absolutely love it very capable off road for an ifs vehicle with rather low ground clearence =], recently i had the turbo reconditioned, but it just doesnt seem to have the power i hear more of the turbo then feel the boost, it sits on the same revs or higher as my brothers 2.8 n/a hilux(i hope that goes withe gear ratios and im running 31,s, am intrested to know of what revs/speed/gear other peoples terrano sit on) and i think he gets better fuel economy, im unsure of the cars service history or problems that the td27t are known for, eventually i will but i want a bit of a plan before i go and start getting things tested like injectors etc, please fill me in on similar problems and solutions youve had, performance mods and general td27t stuff would love to hear it,

also did the navara come out with a td27t because i had to pay another $400 for turbo rebuild kit because i said the car was an import

I am running a 91 Terrano as well. TD27T Manual with 31" tyres
I use 5th gear at 70kh or over.
On a recent Tassie trip with the family we averaged 11.3 litres per 100 kms.
Turbo winds up around 2300 rpm. Its not very noticable unless your under load ie. pulling up a steep hill. I change gears at 3000 rpm so Im always on boost and from memory 4th gear 2200 rpm is 60 kh.

How much did the turbo cost as mine is due for a rebuild ..

Cheers

Mat

Last edited:
good so it all seems to be going allright except maybe the fuel economy ill have to watch that a bit closer/ also my car idles at around 1000rpm once its warmed up is that the same with yours?, it ended up being 980$ for the rebuild from a place called turbo engineering in thomastown, i removed the turbo myself an brought it in.

took the car out to the otways this weekend just gone after about a week of solid rain it was all just slushy clay and mud, terrano handled perfectly spent alot of the day pulling a 80 series cruiser with a 2 inch lift and running 35s out of the bog =]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back