Wheel alinment, pulling left

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendan

Reaction score
3rd placw ive been to for a wheel alinment and car still pulls to the left, I found it does brake in a straigh line though, the latest place to do the alinment said theres play in the steerimg box and its common for the navaras

I'd probably say yes but it is Dave's thread and he is from Maitland so anything is possible.

^ Thanks. Says the snob in Victoria. Lol.

Yep, drivers side is right and passenger side is left.

Awe Dave don't be like that I don't snob you, plenty of others yes, but never you!!

thanks, ill get it done.

have you noticed any extra tyre ware from the odd alinment?

Nope not at all.

The front left actually wears the same as the other 3 tyres now.

Before mine use to flog the front left out way before the other 3.

3rd placw ive been to for a wheel alinment and car still pulls to the left, I found it does brake in a straigh line though, the latest place to do the alinment said theres play in the steerimg box and its common for the navaras

Hey Brendan
Do you have a copy of the alignment readings on your vehicle now?
Anyone who knows anything about wheel alignments should be able to see if a car will pull left or right from the figures.
Both Camber and Castor are fully adjustable. The original specs may not necessarily be the best for your vehicle. i would try and have the cambers even but have the castor about 3/4 to 1 degree higher on the left. This helps with the camber built into the Aussie roads.
Have you tried rotating the front tyres left to right to see if the vehicle pulls the other way. Tyres can be causing the problem too.

New D22 2011 S5 with same problem

I too have this problem with my new navara 2011 S5 and its about 2 months old i kept on going back to Nissan to fix this and its had about 5 visits along with several alignments but Nissan says its within spec ! but it still pulls to the left - must be a common problem - i was beginning to think i got a lemon and it was putting me off the car !!!

So thanks heaps for this Dave i will try and get a Tyre joint to set to those settings then ill tell Nissan.

I will update once i get the Tyre joint to set it to this and let you know how it goes ....

:cheers!:

i got bridge stone to do my last wheel alignment and their the only ones who can get it right, still pulls to the left due to the road camber and pulls to the right when the road leans that way, i wonder if a RTC steering dampener would help this??

got a wheel alinment today. actually got specs printed out this time. still pulling left :(

IMG-1.jpg

Last edited:
sorry to hijack your thread if i do by asking this question. i have my steelies with mud tires on the car at the moment and my front drivers side tire is wearing odd (illustrated in picture below) , its sorta rolling the edge of only 1/2 the tire lugs.

IMAG0201.jpg

see how the right hand side edge of the lugs are sorta rolled over onto themselves. more noticeable on the far left hand lug. sorta looks like a burr on a piece of metal after youv cut it.

is this an alignment issue or something else?

got a wheel alinment today. actually got specs printed out this time. still pulling left :(

IMG-1.jpg

I'm no expert but alignment 101 is that your toe and camber figures are kinda linked. And looking at your left wheel figures your toe +54 and camber -1.54 will give you a remaining amount of -1.04, you really want these 2 figures to cancel each other out. If you notice Daves figures his half toe is +1 and his camber is -1.1 which leaves only .1. Depending on your control arm angles and the camber they can achieve they will have to compensate with toe to remove this sideforce. I hope it makes sense? your right wheel is cancelling itself out so i would definatley see how yours is pulling left. I'd take it back to them and tell them to redo it and at a time that suits you.

Edit: i'll add that a small positive sideforce on one of your wheels can be ok and help if you travel a lot of roads that have a a lot of angle on them for drainage. your negative would be on top of this camber in the road. Few other after thoughts I have are that a -1.54 is too much and your gonna be looking at bad outside edge tyre wear the max is about -1.06 for the d22 (though i see that is lists d40 on that specs the used) but since you posted this in the d22 section i am guessing yours is the d22. If they can't get it down to around -1.00 It might mean you have lifted the front up too much and unless you drop it back down a bit you will have to look at longer control arms to allow it to get back into spec. BUT i see your old specs were at -1.02 which is in spec so WTF. I don't think thoose guys know shit.

Last edited:
took it back. he just said if you change the camber it will change the castor and that that was the closes they could get it. i asked why the right hand side was fine and all he didnt give me an answer. i asked how would i get it right and he comes back saying take it to a suspention specialest and get them to replace all the adjustments. sick oof this shit

Latest posts

Back