Indash DVD/GPS unit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Hi I am looking a installing one of these

NISSAN PATHFINDER PATROL X-TRAIL NAVARA GPS NAVIGATIONL | eBay
in my new 2011 stx 550 it is suppose to be plug & play, I was going to have a go at installing it my self otherwise pay $130 to have it installed. what Iam chasing is info on what's involved & how to remove the old one any help would be appreciated
Thanks hunter

Last edited:
Very close to purchasing one of these myself, a mate of mine just installed one in a Prado, as long as you get the Nissan wiring loom connection it should be pretty staight foward, I had a bit of a play with it and am pretty impressed with it. I'll be giving it a go as a known brand with similar functions sells for more than double the price.

Very close to purchasing one of these myself, a mate of mine just installed one in a Prado, as long as you get the Nissan wiring loom connection it should be pretty straight forward, I had a bit of a play with it and am pretty impressed with it. I'll be giving it a go as a known brand with similar functions sells for more than double the price.

Did he fit it himself ? I have been told that it plugs straight in, the only function that won't work is answering the phone via steering wheel button,
I think if you earth the hand brake wire to the unit then DVDs can be watched by passengers while driving, so has anyone has pulled all the cluster and facial of to remove the radio in the 2010 / 2011 models ?
hunter

As said before his stuff used to be rubbish but seems to have improved of the past year

i was looking at some of these on ebay not too long ago but im sure i found one that still uses your steering wheel controls.

Hi Hunter, i ended up putting an eclipse AVN726ea in my ute when i bout it earlier in the year, was a bit expensive as around the $2000.00 mark with reverse camera, but it has proved to be very good, especially the camera.

Ii had it installed which was just as well as the 550 wiring was different to the series 4 it seems so beware of that when you buy one, they had to work out how to do the controls on the steering wheel.

cheers,

Worm.

The removal in a series 4 has been covered in depth and with photos so you can atleast use one of those threads to guide your way, chances are they wont have changed much of the internals. In one of those threads there is a discussion about the aerial or GPS reciever needing an adapter to get around a brace but it should atleast guide you somewhere.

As far as the wiring goes I also remember someone in the series 4 saying they were able to get the right plugs and wires from the seller when they told them it was a series 4 or they went to Autobarn. Realistically they can't have changed things too much and it can't be hard to make an electrical signal from one unit take the same path as a previous one.

Back