D22 Dump pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
where can i buy a dump pipe from. must be off the net and have EGT prope location.
eng-tek comes to mind. i see a fair few have other brands but i don't see many sold over the net (excluding ebay).
must be able to ship to NZ.

Last edited:
Check out Beaudessert exhausts, Tiapan and there would be more.

If you cant them to ship to NZ give me a yell and they can post it to me and Ill forward it to you.

Dave.

got an email from beauexhaust:

The dump pipe alone is $250.00 plus postage. Please note that this dump pipe will not bolt up to any other exhaust system besides our own, therefore you will have to make an adapter to suit your system or purchase the whole system.

can you use an original one and drill, tap and weld a nut on the dump pipe for your EGT

trouble is stock dump pipe on the ZD30 is restrictive and includes the cat. to get rid of the cat realy means changin dump pipe.
stock one may be thick enough to tap. welding cast is so-so.

unfortunatly without pics of beauexhausts dump pipe i don't know how long it is and what i have to make to fit it.

Last edited:
The dump off the turbo is separate to the cat converter section.

There are three studs that connect the two.

yes, but the dump half exit is about a 6"+ pipe ! .
for the cost of making something to fit the stock dump, you might as well just get the dump pipe.

Last edited:
If you want a higher flowing dump pipe then get one but I dont understand how you could say the cost would be as much as a dump pipe.

You would only need a flange fitted onto your exhaust pipe to suit the factory dump. Not a big deal.

by the time you cut the flange out, make tapered section to neck down to exhaust pipe, you could have got the turbo flange and bent a full high flow dump pipe up.
its better to do the full job than half the job for the same price.

Ive had a few exhausts and dump pipes ect made for me in my day. I disagree with you in regards to the cost.

Anyway all I was stating was that you were incorrect that the factory cat and dump were one piece. I was not saying that you should keep the factory dump.

for all practical purpose its easier to refer as one whole unit even tho it really is two bits. after all once the cat is faulty the whole lot will be ripped out and replaced with a dump pipe.

A mate of mine took of the standard dump/cat and knocked the honeycomb stuff out of the cat freeing it all up he said it was that big of a job and it only cost him a little bit of time, he say's it has made a difference he is also running a straight through 2.5 system no mufflers at all.

with normal cats on like petrol cars, they can clearly be seen in line.

if someone chops it out and putting a pipe in its place, 10K fine.

if someone chops it out and puts a pipe in, and then welds or somehow covered it up trying to hide it, or even just a cat with the honeycomb knocked out would be considered hiding it as it is a fake.

Have you got a link to the legislation that states this?

I had a VN commodore that had the honeycomb in the cat disintegrate and blew out of the back. (had a straight threw muffler).

I'd like to have seen them fine me $15,000. They would have to prove I did it which obviously I didn't.

I had a mate at the time that worked for the local Holden dealer. He said commodore's would come in every second day rattling as the guts had broken up in the cats. He never told me about anyone getting fined.

With no system in place (in NSW anyway) to periodically test the functionality of cats id say it would be hard to prove liability unless there was direct evidence.

I think your worrying over nothing unless you do something obvious.

its an environmental thing.

as it is polluting the environment you'll get butt raped basically cause doing anything to harm the environment these days is apparently so very very very bad, sigh.

you can search it up for yourself, plenty of other forums that talk about it and the costs.

i'll have a look in my political and legal text books to see if i can find the law

Latest posts

Back