2011 Auto DPF position

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluessv

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has my head under a few bonnets and cars today and was making some observations of the 2011 auto D40's. The auto ST (Thai built) still looks like an exhaust system I'm familiar with. The cat is located quite close to the motor (the big silver looking thing) and then the exhaust snakes down and the DPF is located pretty much under the passengers seat.

However, I noticed the 2011 ST-X (Spain built) only had a silver coloured thing near the motor in the same position as the cat and then the exhaust snakes around just like the manual D40's with no DPF located under the passengers seat. I assumed the silver coloured thing was the cat and they had removed the DPF from the new models. I asked the salesman, who in turn asked a machanic at the dearlership, and I was told the silver coloured thing is actually the DPF!!

Does this mean the 2011 ST-X no longer has a cat?? Does the DPF operate more effeciently if it's located closer to the exhaust manifold due to higher exhaust gas temperatures assisting in passive burns?? Can someone shed some light on the 2011 exhaust systems??

Yeah I was hearing the rumor that the DPF's were removed but no one has been able to definitely certify that. All I can say is there was only one silver coloured device on the 2011 ST-X auto D40 and it was in the position where the cat usually sits. There was certainly no DPF in the position it used to be in (under the passenger seat).

But the mechanic insisted the silver coloured device was the DPF so if he's correct that would mean there's no cat?? Can the D40 run without a cat??

Yeah I was hearing the rumor that the DPF's were removed but no one has been able to definitely certify that. All I can say is there was only one silver coloured device on the 2011 ST-X auto D40 and it was in the position where the cat usually sits. There was certainly no DPF in the position it used to be in (under the passenger seat).

But the mechanic insisted the silver coloured device was the DPF so if he's correct that would mean there's no cat?? Can the D40 run without a cat??

I don't know...but just thinking that maybe they have designed an 'all in one' arrangement.....if that is so then I'm guessing the price of a new one would be in the order of $5K :)

Robert from ChipIt might be able to tell us, they make the DPF delete pipe.

I thought the DPF was removed in the 2010 ST and STX models, perhaps from about June onwards - not sure on when. The 140kW engine had no DPF, anyway.

I don't know if the 550 has a DPF. If they'd resolved the soot issue to a satisfactory level in the 140kW by tuning and tweaking, surely that same knowledge would have made it into the making of the V6?

Bloody $4K for the DPF is bad enough. I'd rather get the delete pipe.

As far as I know.

Current spec RX and ST have a DPF, the 140KW ST-X does not, none of the current 2.5L Pathfinders do (They have the 140KW engine across the range) and the V6 diesel has a DPF in both the Pathfinder and Navara. I believe the V6 uses a seventh injector in the exhaust and as a result is easier on the oil and able to regen in a wider range of conditions than the YD25 version.

As far as I know.

Current spec RX and ST have a DPF, the 140KW ST-X does not, none of the current 2.5L Pathfinders do (They have the 140KW engine across the range) and the V6 diesel has a DPF in both the Pathfinder and Navara. I believe the V6 uses a seventh injector in the exhaust and as a result is easier on the oil and able to regen in a wider range of conditions than the YD25 version.

This was also my understanding as well, don't know anything about the V6 tho, just be safe and stay away from the auto and you will be fine, i have a auto and would much rather a manual, hence the reason the auto is for sale.

Im pretty sure the 550 models with the new V6 have a DPF which uses the 7th injector as stated earlier. In all the write ups on the net they talk about the cat and DPF being in a single unit which makes me wonder whether that technology is being used in the ST-X model now....since they all come out of the same factory.

I know the ST models still have the DPF clearly visible in the exhaust system just under the passenger seat. I might check ou the dash on one of the those ST models and see the DPF warning light. Then I'll check out the dash on the ST-X and see if it has a DPF warning light. That will be a sure test I guess??

I have a ST Auto DPF, fuel economy was rubbish till i did the dpf delete and now its just as good as the manual for fuel

Latest posts

Back