spare wheel size

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtjockey

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before - I did search but could not find the appropriate keywords.

What is the largest wheel tyre combination that will fit in the standard spare wheel location on a D22? Has anyone been able to get a 265 75 16 wheel under there?

thanks

de

285/75R16 spare fits just. Touches towbar and clears handbreak cable by 10mm. It is a bit close to the exhaust but just bent the exhaust brackets to move it away from the tyre.

Might be worth noting if you ever put a TJM rear bar on the 265/75/16 has only a 2-3mm gap (808mm tyre) so that is as big as you can go there. Not really important in your case but just putting it out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I measured the 33 and it measured 850mm. And it seems there isn't that space there at all. Might have to move the tow bar out more.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I measured the 33 and it measured 850mm. And it seems there isn't that space there at all. Might have to move the tow bar out more.

Got a 33" spare under my ute so I know it fits. I have a standard ST-R tow bar and rear step and only had to bend the exhaust brackets to keep it clear of the tyre. I doubt you could fit a 33" tyre with the DX towbar as it is closer in under the tray.

Peter, if you take out the leaf does the towbar protrude the rear step at all?

Peter, what year is yours? I have a 05 st-r and had to move the towbar out 50 mm or more to fit it in. I've heard that from 09 the tray was extended...

What year is yours? I have a 05 st-r and had to move the towbar out 50 mm or more to fit it in. I've heard that from 09 the tray was extended...

I was underneath the tray this arvo fitting BL blocks, had a look at the spare and there was only about 20mm gap between the tyre and the towbar. And that was with a 255 70 16. I think you would be battling to fit a 285 under there.
There is about a 3 inch space on the diff side. You might be able to offset the spare a bit closer to the diff to make it fit.
This was on an 02 str.

After moving the towbar I have about 20mm away from the diff and about the same from the towbar.

Back