good tyre deals

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael92

Reaction score
has anyone got any good deals lately ?

looking at either bfg A/T maxxis big horns or the mickey hompson ATZ
for my D22

maxis tyres

i would steer clear from maxis bighorns! three out of the four that i bought have split on the side walls. They are cheaper for a reason !!!

Just bought Kuhmo KL71's. Haven't fitted yet but got em for $1350 (5 tyres) 285/75 R16. Will post a review when I've run em for a bit. Only thing is that they are directional. Kinda like Mickey Claws.

i would steer clear from maxis bighorns! three out of the four that i bought have split on the side walls. They are cheaper for a reason !!!

having owned bighorns for almost a year and 20000kms now i think theyre awesome tyres for the price. i've done a bit of 4wding which includes rought terrains and i have not had to clear crap off the beads like i used to when i had the geolanders.
tread wear wise also seems all right. the only downside is on the road when it's wet it tends to have very low traction but again i've got mine on 45psi on the road.
very noisy on highways but other than that i'm really happy with them comparing with my previous set of geolanders. :thank_you2:

hi guys bloke at work has awesome results out of a set of mickey thompsons baja claw MTZ nearly 110,000kms he does a shit load of driving on road highway stuff too. for 325 a tyre great deal cant imagine how they perform off road.

I fitted MT ATZ's 20,000k's ago for $320 each fitted & balanced. Haven't done too much mud work but did the Plenty Hwy, Oodnadatta, Birdsvile tracks and Simpson desert!! For an ATZ they were faultless, I do a lot of highway work and you can hardly hear them on the road.. Still look like new after 20,000k's! Will definitely recommend and buy again

I just priced a set of MT Baja Claws in town and they wanted $391 a tyre, so I looked in America and found them for $230 a tyre, not sure how much delivery would be but it must be cheaper to bring them in than to buy them here

I just priced a set of MT Baja Claws in town and they wanted $391 a tyre, so I looked in America and found them for $230 a tyre, not sure how much delivery would be but it must be cheaper to bring them in than to buy them here

Hey Boosted,
Do Not buy of shore as freight will kill you !!!!

I ride mountain bikes for fun and fell for that trick ! Almost all freight out of USa comes via air. For a package with the approximate dimensions of 700mm x 600mm x550mm it was $300-00 Aus dollars and was only 4kgs.

PS
Not to mention they may not meet the Australian standard.

Latest posts

Back