excessive heat through g/box boot

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mottleemob

Reaction score
has anyone had a problem with high heat through gear lever boot it is that hot it cant be held onto. clutch not slipping oil has been replaced as well all rubber boots seem to be in place .had it at a nissan dealer they reckon it could only be a slipping clutch or crook oil both are ok.
cheers phil

Sounds like your question answers mine, but double check the floor boot for the shifter is not split and is correctly in position.

Is the excess heat only when your towing, and if so what is the total GVM?

Regards

Greg

What age we talking ?

Mine only gets somewhat hot around there when I am towing a few tonne.

My D22 gets a little warm there. I usually sit my phone/camera in the transfer stick side of the boot and after upwards of a half hour drive it is warm when i get where i am going. Not hot enough to cause any concern, i guess its just normal for the car.

does it when not towing after about 100k;s it is a 03 model with 155,000ks gets hot enough to make chewing gum go gooy does it quicker when towing
cheers phil

I have this exact problem except it is the whole transmission tunnell. I Just bought the Nav from Melbourne and drove it to QLD and after about an hr or 2 it is that hot your leg is starting to cook! I had some coins on the console under the handbrake, and they got really hot.... Car has a new gearbox in it apparantly so was thinking it might be missing a heat shield from the install or something...

I have the same problem . I've just returned from towing my 18foot van around South Australia and had a lot of heat come through the gear lever boot

Latest posts

Back