Went for a run today

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
Went out into Moreton for a fish today, played around Mud Island a bit.

Here's a couple of pics of the new baitboard Matt made up for me, came up a treat:

IMG_0946Medium.jpg

IMG_0945Medium.jpg

Got a few grassies

IMG_0949Medium.jpg

And a legal Tusky

IMG_0951Medium.jpg

Nice fish mate, love fresh grassies on the table, good chewing. That second fish is a pike, normally in schools and can be caught in huge numbers on the right squidgies.

Mitch

Thanks mate, we thought it was a pike but some species of whiting seemed more plausible! Most of the grassies were just under size :(

Probably about 20 minutes mate, used 15 litres of fuel getting there and back. We went to the NW tip, there were a few boats there, a mate at work reckons the NE tip is the go so might try there next, definately going back though, got some good bites. Floated a pilly out the back on the broomstick and it got one massive strike!

The baitboard was unreal, didnt move or vibrate at all. Had all 4 rods in it and was strong as.

Probably about 20 minutes mate, used 15 litres of fuel getting there and back. We went to the NW tip, there were a few boats there, a mate at work reckons the NE tip is the go so might try there next, definately going back though, got some good bites. Floated a pilly out the back on the broomstick and it got one massive strike!

The baitboard was unreal, didnt move or vibrate at all. Had all 4 rods in it and was strong as.

Thats great mate.

I am hoping it is fine in the morning and I might go for a quick run there myself. I have got to start stripping out the D40 so it will be a quick run if I get out.

Oh, also realised the boat ramp at Shornecliffe is closed during May for resurfacing.

We went to the next one just up the road on Allpass Parade.

Those pike are real good live bait for queenies Jason... Even rigging them up to troll with is good mate.

went to woolami surf beach yesterday,fished 2 hours either side of the high tide and managed about 12-14 small salmon.
all throw backs..getn pissed off theres no bigeer ones around..

The weather for this Saturday is looking bloody good so far. I won't know until Friday Arvo if I have to work Saturday sadly, if not I will be out there!

Latest posts

Back