Electronic Rustproofing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu Roo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am about to install a Coupletec Electronic Rustproofing kit on to the Blu Roo and it seems easy enough by the instructions given. The only question I have is that it says to connect it to the main start battery.Which of the two batteries is the the main start one? Bearing in mind that I want to convert one battery to an auxillery at a later stage. If anyone has installed one of these kits to a 2.5 D22 did you run an earth wire between the tub and chassis and how thick should the earth wire should be?

I fitted a 2 pad couplertec system, that is marketed by Nilrust to my 2010 ST-R. Fitted 1 pad to the firewall drivers side and the other pad to the tub front wall behind the cab on the passengers side. No connecting wire. Also wired to the drivers side battery.

I installed it myself and had it checked by a Nilrust dealer for the warranty and they were happy with the install.

Regards

Greg

Hey mate I recently had a few Issues with my couplertec system... After a few photos sent and a discussion with TJM, I received a phone call from a guy called Gary from couplertec... He arranged for one of there engineers to look at my car... Was very helpful with fixing what TJM had stuffed up. I have a 4 pad system...2 on the fire wall, 2 inside on the rear of the cab. The earth was originally placed about 5cm from the system its self the have now moved it to below the engine to the chasis rail for better continuity of the current. The point of this long story is I would give couplertec a call, they are very helpful.... Gary ended up being the owner and inventor of this system and he had all the time in the world to help me out and never looked like shrugging me of to sort the problem out on my own. Awesome company!

Hey mate I recently had a few Issues with my couplertec system... After a few photos sent and a discussion with TJM, I received a phone call from a guy called Gary from couplertec... He arranged for one of there engineers to look at my car... Was very helpful with fixing what TJM had stuffed up. I have a 4 pad system...2 on the fire wall, 2 inside on the rear of the cab. The earth was originally placed about 5cm from the system its self the have now moved it to below the engine to the chasis rail for better continuity of the current. The point of this long story is I would give couplertec a call, they are very helpful.... Gary ended up being the owner and inventor of this system and he had all the time in the world to help me out and never looked like shrugging me of to sort the problem out on my own. Awesome company!

Thanks Alphabet, I also have the 4 pad system that I bought from them at the 4x4 Show in Brisbane and the guy suggested that I fit the rear ones inside the tub behind the tail lights to keep the pads out of the weather etc, but he said for it to work on the D22 I would have to run an earth between the tub and the chassis. I will give them a call Monday to clarify things.

I fitted a 2 pad couplertec system, that is marketed by Nilrust to my 2010 ST-R. Fitted 1 pad to the firewall drivers side and the other pad to the tub front wall behind the cab on the passengers side. No connecting wire. Also wired to the drivers side battery.

I installed it myself and had it checked by a Nilrust dealer for the warranty and they were happy with the install.

Regards

Greg

Thanks Greg, Will connect it to the Drivers side battery as well. When I bought it from them they said to run an earth from the tub to chassis. Two of the couplertec guys said to do that.

Last edited:
Just finished the front two pads and connected them up and it seems to be working OK. Hardest part was getting the wiring loom over the wires.Pain in the arse, took me forever!
Looks alright for a sheetie playing sparkie.Will finish it off next weekend and will check with Couplertec to see if I need the earth wire.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can pick up any positive or negative charge on the body with a multimeter? Charge made by the rust protection system I mean.

The charge sets your car up to act like a dielectric once you car cannot accept anymore electrons inhibiting the rust. Im not sure but try it with your probe on the terminal and then just stick the other into the actual earth? As this should allow electrons to flow to earth?

Correct me if Im wrong please.

Okay, the system only inputs a small amount of millivolts into the car prohibiting the metal to start losing electrons to rust ie: Turning it into to a positive polarity. '

It wouldn't be in the volts range. Otherwise there would be less P.D for the electrics to run correctly if at all.

Try from chassis to body or something. Let me know if you get any reading.

Latest posts

Back