Water coming in the cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopz

Reaction score
Hey Guys, first post here so go easy on me.

Just picked up a 2005 STR dual cab, and for those of you who live in Perth already know how hard it belted down yesterday. Anyway today I noticed the carpet on the passenger side was wet. I lifted the carpet and the fluffy underlay crap was soaked. It was parked out in the weather yesterday on site, and the passenger side was on a slight decline which may have caused the water to run down toward that side of the car.

Has anyway had anything like this happen at all? Even with water crossings or anything, or can anyone shed some light on where it may have come in, so I can try and stop it.

It was the front left corner of the footwell if that helps.
Thanks in advance

ok mate, dont spose you could tell me how I go about doing that could ya please?

I spose it entails ripping the whole dash apart or something

No big deal, I went though this with the wife's daewoo! The Ac outlet pipe, ( the one which drips on the driveway when you have the ac on) is likely blocked with leaves or some detritus and the water backs up to the level of the first screw which is on the cab side of the firewall and then drips onto the footwell carpet. Have a look in the front of the passenger footwell at any plastic pipework to see if it is wet, if so then look for the outlet pipe on the engine side of the firewall and check it out , bent coat hanger or the like will clear it. I will try to take some pictures to show you the relevant parts tomorrow to help.. :)

I got caught in that downpour too, but it is more likely the ac than leaky door seals. I'm in Freo if you want a second pair of eyes to look at it?

mate if you could take photos that would be awesome.

I'm just about to go hit the carpet with a hairdryer to help dry it out

Ok so I also peeled the carpet further back and there is some some of steel plate or cover bolted in place, moisture has gotten to this coz its all rusted up.

Its still under the 3 month warranty since buying it from the dealer so should I take it back and get them to fix it?

Hey mate finally sorted the pics, sorry about the delay its been a hectic day!!
first is of the drip outlet. It may be hidden behind the heat shield of your standard exhaust dump pipe, (missing in these pics cos of 3" taipan dump pipe fitted) need to check nothing has crawled up there and blocked the pipe

sugammadex-albums-other-pics-picture1039-dscf3424.jpg

sugammadex-albums-other-pics-picture1038-dscf3422.jpg

More likely the problem is the following, This pic shows what i believe to be black plastic AC condensation collector as seen at the front of the footwell on the passenger side check this for cracks or holes or dampness.

sugammadex-albums-other-pics-picture1040-dscf3426.jpg

At the far side (centre) you can see a rubber tube, which is the same tube as in the first few pics before it goes through the firewall. It is most likely that someone may have kicked this and dislodged the pipe from the collector. Turn the a/c on and drive around for half an hour and see if any of the above parts are wet.

As far as warranty goes its your call, if something has been over tightened and cracked than it seems like a fair complaint, if it has been kicked and now leaks and the rest of footwell is rusty its worth a try and see what they say.

Good luck mate, let me know how it goes.

Will

ey Chopz,

IM getting the same problem, that plat should be be the top of the sidesteps, mines rusted too but I also get wet on the drivers side too. Ive got a feeling its coming through airvents near the windscreen. Ill have a better look.

Will, I rekon your on the right track with the leak, but in this case, i beleive it could be the rain.

Stuart

have you guys looked at the rubber grommets on the firewall? someone might have put it an extra wire or 2 for UHF or spotlights etc and might not sealed in properly.

ey Chopz,

IM getting the same problem, that plat should be be the top of the sidesteps, mines rusted too but I also get wet on the drivers side too. Ive got a feeling its coming through airvents near the windscreen. Ill have a better look.

Will, I rekon your on the right track with the leak, but in this case, i beleive it could be the rain.

Stuart

I had the same problem, found when I took my genuine steps off that some of the mounting holes (for the interior mounting plate) didn't have any sealing at all. Also on the drivers side front mount (under foot) one of the mounting holes was about an inch dia with no seal. I sealed them up with cut rubber on top and bottom/ sillicone.

Regards
Chris

Back