D40 Additions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

andersoncw

Hey,

I'm currently installing a Uniden UHF, mobile antenna & also a reversing camera on my 2010 D40 King Cab. After an afternoon of getting wires through the firewall gromet where the spotlights switch wires were fed. Ive just got a few Questions.

1) Where it it best to wire the UHF to? It is a remote hand piece type so the main unit i was placing under the seat.

2)Where do i find the wire for the reversing lights. I've read through many of the posts & they talk about the passenger side fuse box under the bonnet, but it doesn't look like the one i have.

3)Any ideas how to get wires up the dash to the reversing monitor (will soon be the car PC monitor)? was thinking of coming through the "dish like holder" above head unit where the screen will sit. Any others?

Any help/information would be grateful.

Cheers

Hey,

1) I wired mine directly to my battery. that way it works without the vehicle on.

2) You probably do have the fuse box there. It doesn't look like a normal fuse box but a big square lid about 5inches square that clips in. That's on my V6 Nav anyway.

3) I ran power up to that dish for my GPS and wasn't too hard to get up there. The radio is only held in by a couple of screws if it is in the way.

Garrick

Wow old thread, wonder if the OP is still around after waiting so long for an answer.

The reverse fuse/relay is in about the location Garrick mentions, left hand side not far from the firewall and it holds about 6 large relays, from memory it's the back left relay that is for the reversing lights and in the 09 it was a light blue wire.

Thanks for your replies! I;ve managed to work most of it out whilst removing most of the dash and subbing into the taillights to trace the reversing wire

Got a few projects on the go at the moment and hoping to write a bit more as i go along.

I've had a few brain waves with regards to powering my various products i'll be installing over the coming weeks. Installing a switch/fuse panel you usually find on a boat to power nav light, bilge pumps and the like. It will accomodate 6 switches for the 7 inch touch screen, in car pc, mobile phone, reversing camera, and 2 additional 12 volt sockets for 2 car fridges.

It will all run off a dual battery system. I've started to weld up the brackets for the boxes to be installed under the tray. Hoping to have room for 2 batteries, 1 either side behind the rear wheels hanging off the chasis

Also currently drawing up an overhead console to route out on my newley built CNC to be able to take the in car PC as it is a single din setup. Adapting a VY commodore console for map lights and sunglasses holder.

Hopefully some progress in the next week or so!!

Sounds like my build, I'm half way through building the tool/battery box and after the stuffing around with that I really couldn't be shagged building a roof console so I ordered one for $380.

I'm redoing some of my wiring and re running some of my cables, I've got an inverter sitting here I was going to use too however I've since found another kit which gives me 19V required for laptops and the like I'm going to leave the inverter on the shelf and if I am ever desperate for 240V I'll use the inverter in the fridge.

I'm actually adding a car PC (of sorts) two DVD screens and relocating the CB to the roof console but it's a slow process at the moment.

Latest posts

Back