Someone needs it more than I do

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eug

Reaction score
Hopped in the car this morning and indicators were on the fritz, thinking it was a simple fuse I kept going until I got to work to check. Fuses all good, went around the back to check bulbs and found that someone has swiped the entire towbar assembly, trailer plug, shackles, towball, the lot.

This happened last night (22/05/2011) between 20:00 - 07:00 in the Calamvale/Stretton (Brisbane) area. Have a few neighbours who also walk their dogs at night so will be asking around.

To whoever thought they could help themselves to my stuff, please keep it... I'll be taking both your thumbs and we'll call it even :devil:

Standard Nissan items for a D40 Navara with 3.5t towball so if anyone knows anything about the stolen one or a replacement please let me know on 0403112979.

Thanks
Eugene

FFS! The whole towbar?? Wouldn't you just love to catch these dirty f$cks in the act. After having 2 of my cars stolen many years ago, I have no time for thieves.

I'm all for Saudi law here- off with one hand, makes it a bit harder to steal something again. Seriously.

FMD. God I wish this country punished criminals instead of giving them so many rights.

Bring back the noose and what Ray said.

I had the tow bar pipe and ball stolen on mine, however Old Tony the gave me his standard D40 one as he uses the caravan hitch.

Cheers Tony.

Hopped in the car this morning and indicators were on the fritz, thinking it was a simple fuse I kept going until I got to work to check. Fuses all good, went around the back to check bulbs and found that someone has swiped the entire towbar assembly, trailer plug, shackles, towball, the lot.

This happened last night (22/05/2011) between 20:00 - 07:00 in the Calamvale/Stretton (Brisbane) area. Have a few neighbours who also walk their dogs at night so will be asking around.

To whoever thought they could help themselves to my stuff, please keep it... I'll be taking both your thumbs and we'll call it even :devil:

Standard Nissan items for a D40 Navara with 3.5t towball so if anyone knows anything about the stolen one or a replacement please let me know on 0403112979.

Thanks
Eugene

Damm shame.

If you were more local (ie melbourne) and had a Thai built D40, you could have my factory h/d tow bar. I took mine off to get a step bar fitted.

Man that's crap. I live in Boronia heights and ill keep an ear out for anything. I have mates in calamvale so ill ask them tomoz if they have seen anything. Removing a towbar is not a simple job so they new what they were doing.

Shit mate that sucks. I have never hear of that happening before, some people really have some hide don't they.

thanks for the offer woody.

the whole tow bar i couldn't believe it myself, bloody low lifes! if they could afford a navara then surely a towbar isn't too much. big pain in the arse for me to jump through the insurance hurdles now, with a $500 excess i'm better off finding one second hand or going direct to hayman reece. still that's money i could have used elsewhere.

if anyone knows of any info or has one lying around i'd be most grateful. the sad thing is that now the boat isn't going anywhere.

Pity we can't form a chain and deliver Woody's unit by passing it up a few hundred km at a time to Qld. I'm up for a drive to southern Sydney and then up to, say, Port Macquarie if it can be organised.

Say what you want about the Middle East, but they know how to treat thieves properly.

Pity we can't form a chain and deliver Woody's unit by passing it up a few hundred km at a time to Qld. I'm up for a drive to southern Sydney and then up to, say, Port Macquarie if it can be organised.

Say what you want about the Middle East, but they know how to treat thieves properly.

Hey Tony, that's a bloody brilliant idea. But saw woody mentioned something about thai built? Maybe his is different.
Anyway Eug, hope you sort it out.
I was wondering whether it's worth removing this thread and then seeing if someone comes on here asking for help to fit it. Then we can all go over there and help!

Hey Tony, that's a bloody brilliant idea. But saw woody mentioned something about thai built? Maybe his is different.
Anyway Eug, hope you sort it out.
I was wondering whether it's worth removing this thread and then seeing if someone comes on here asking for help to fit it. Then we can all go over there and help!

Sadly if the pricks knew how to take it all off that quickly they would know how to put it back on.

Thanks for the tips/advice boys. Sat around waiting for police to show up yesterday, surprise surprise they didn't come and in the end got me to call some hotline to make a phone report.
Since they weren't going to show up, I decided to wire up the rear indicators myself spent all of this morning running around getting quotes for insurance assessment.

Well prices ranged from $500 to $800 and labour fitment ranged from $100 to $200.

Excess alone will cost $500 so looks like I'll probably end up tracking one down and fitting it myself to save time going to the assessors then to the repairers, etc. Not happy about it but can't afford more time off.

Thought about getting an ARB rear step, but on second thought the thieving pricks might think about upgrading. Will be welding the next one on I think. So if anyone is upgrading to another tow bar and looking to offload their standard heavy duty item please send me a PM.

Cheers
Eug

Yeah digby your right. As Eug has an ST-X, it will be Spain built, and mine is for a Thai build. So it wont fit.

Good luck Eug.

Woody: I'm guessing the chassis varies from the different models then, bugger. Thanks anyway.

Well some good news, police have called in for fingerprinting. Although with the amount of rain overnight it was a no go.

Woody: I'm guessing the chassis varies from the different models then, bugger. Thanks anyway.

Well some good news, police have called in for fingerprinting. Although with the amount of rain overnight it was a no go.

So they don't think there might have been some underneath?

Pity they could have told you they were going to come. You might have been able to tarp it. Sigh.

So they don't think there might have been some underneath?

Pity they could have told you they were going to come. You might have been able to tarp it. Sigh.

in all honesty it felt like a 'show up and make the victim feel happy' type scenario, the forensics officer clearly did not want to be there and only took two photos of the rear end of the car. it wasn't until i politely prompted him to have a look under the car did he take photos then, but didn't bother dusting under there due to 'grease and dust'.

in all honesty it felt like a 'show up and make the victim feel happy' type scenario,

NSW police do that PR as well but it often backfires. We know of someone where the police turned up a fortnight after a burgulary()sp?) wanting to do finger prints. Seems the wife wasn't too impressed. Very common for houses to be thoroughly cleaned after unauthorised visitors, so obviously a waste of effort if it isn't ASAP.

Latest posts

Back