Element-RB - My Ride/Blog =)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Element-RB

Reaction score
So figured that instead of adding to my thread in the 'New Members' area i will kick mine off here.

Bought my D22 about 2 months ago stock.

D22 ST-R 3.0 Di, factory hard lid, stpes, shiney bull bar and passenger airbags.

What i have done so far:

2" EFS Suspension lift courtesy of Zordo (Great guy to deal with and great work)
265/75/16 Toyo OpenCountry MT on 16x8 (+20 offset) sunnies
Removed front mud gaurds (to be modified and replaced)

Planned:

Exhaust
Snorkel
Chip (of some sort not sure who's yet though)
50mm body lift (Zordo's of course, have Transport approval letter at home)
EGR blanked off and solenoids rerouted
New winch bar with winch (if needed)
UHF radio
Exhaust gas temp gauge

Pics:

Attahced are some from my first mud trip with it stock... got further than the D40 with MT on it =) Then the day i got he new tires.

Attachments

• editedIMG_0627.jpg
    editedIMG_0627.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 21,937
  • IMG_0721.jpg
    IMG_0721.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 247
Looks good i love the black wheels on a Navara!

How much did the Toyo MT's set you back if you don't mind me asking?

The toyo's are good so far. The MT sound on road is nowhere near as bad as I had thought it would be, which is good. They are getting better too as the sharp edges will wear slightly. Keen as anything to test them off road but planning my wedding... Well going where I have to most weekends to get it all sorted. Hopefully a trip around the 25th. Missed out on getting them dirty this weekend gone.

They cost around the $350 mark normally... But a mate of mine runs a tire place so got a good deal =)

Will report back on their performance in a few weeks.

I looked at some reviews after i seen your post, they get a really good write up, sound like a good tyre. Will be keen to hear how they go up the bush. Might try them out when my bighorns are shot.

Bighorns have been great in the mud, but they do howl a shit load on the road, more so on the smooth stuff.

So, been bush a few times since getting the Toyo's on.

So happy with their performance. Taken them through the sandy mud in the pine forest off the bruce hwy and to the power lines trails out back of beerburrum (or how ever it is spelt).

EGR Mod complete, happy with the 1st gear take off... much better than before.

To add to it i found my air filter was grubby as hell... Dropped it on the ground and dirt fell out... a sign it needs to be replaced. Then removed the airbox and washed it out... cant beleive how dirty it was.

All in all the air filter/box clean was a mod on its own.

So after the weekend out at Land Cruiser, bumped into JoshMan, friend of a friend =)

Got chatting and took a few pointers away. Stopped of and grabbed a oil catchcan from stupid cheap. Install took about 1.5 hours did a bit of cleaning while i was at it. Will post up pics once i take some.

Element-RB said:
So after the weekend out at Land Cruiser, bumped into JoshMan, friend of a friend =)

Got chatting and took a few pointers away. Stopped of and grabbed a oil catchcan from stupid cheap. Install took about 1.5 hours did a bit of cleaning while i was at it. Will post up pics once i take some.

Haha, small world isn't it? Look forward to seeing your install, you've got a tidy rig and them Toyo's look tough as hell.

We ended up having some more fun towing the feroza out of a few hairy "omfg it's gonna roll over!" moments, I got the jeep stuck (funky angle, starved it of fuel), and Wog blew the tail shaft on the jeep.

Good to meet you mate, look forward to hitting up some more tracks in the future. No doubt I'll see you again out with Tony and the boys.

Its been a while....

To be truthful, had fallen outa love witht he Nav, it wasnt being used properly and hadnt been offroad in ages. Had a rescent moment and am back into getting it all happening again.

Over a year ago fitter a genuine nissan Snorkle and a Uniden 80 chant UHF.

Last weekend cracked open the head lights and gave ema clean and coat of satin black paint =)

Daytime driving lights fitted last night, will post up later.

Boost Gauge Added, one of those fancy eBay ones... with stpper motors and such.

$69 all up, works well. Stis just on 14-15 PSI flat stick.

img0324ix.jpg

img0323su.jpg

Lights up well, but now my instrument cluster looks dull as heck... time to re light it =)

Hey mate those lights look great. How was it getting the lights apart pretty easy?? Did you just mask up the reflectors a and spray the rest? Cheers

Crank the oven upto about 150 c, make sure the bulb and loom etc are off the unit then bake for about 7 mins.

If you need to wear gloves do so(i didnt) and peel the two parts apart. Its a good idea to have a shitty screw driver handy to clear the excess nissan glue out of the gaps so it is easier to put back together later (while the glue is still hot).

Once you have them apart, pop out the orange lenses and parker lenses and mask off the insides of them, so they will still reflect light after you black them.

Very rewarding appearance afterwards =)

Latest posts

Back