Where to put a GME TX3100 Uhf CB Radio in a 2010 d22 str

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camk

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have got a GME TX3100 cb radio and just wanted to know where others have put their radios?
The unit is quite small but not small enough for some places.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Cam

Hey all,

I have got a GME TX3100 cb radio and just wanted to know where others have put their radios?
The unit is quite small but not small enough for some places.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Cam

I've got the same unit in mine. There is a small pocket under the radio and to the left of the demister and hazzard light button.
I modified this pocket and fitted it in there. You don't need the mounting bracket supplied with the unit. i just cut the opening bigger and secured it to the plastic housing. Looks good and you can still hear the speaker even though it's under the dash. Check out the picture

Attachments

• IMG_2803mod.jpg
    IMG_2803mod.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,894
Thanks guys muzza thats a good spot to put it with a bit of modifcation should look sweet.
Do u think it would make much difference to the speaker sound if i flipped it to have the mic cord closer to the right ?

i thought of a roof console scotty but for the $400 price tag bit out of my range atm, thanks anyway.

Thanks guys muzza thats a good spot to put it with a bit of modifcation should look sweet.
Do u think it would make much difference to the speaker sound if i flipped it to have the mic cord closer to the right ?

i thought of a roof console scotty but for the $400 price tag bit out of my range atm, thanks anyway.

with the speaker up i cut a small section out of the plastic housing so the sound can come out i'd say facing down I'd say it would be muffled to some degree. But if thats how you want to install it you can always put an external speaker under the dash somewhere if it isn't very clear. thats the advantage of this unit you can spin it around. I find that i reach the Mic ok whilst driving its handy for me having it there as my Passenger can access it easily as well .

Back