Whose Front End Struts??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
I suppose they're called struts, the shockers and coils under the front of my D40???

Anyway I need to upgrade as the steel bar and winch have seriously sagged the front end.

I've read that some manufacturers struts say they will they give you 50mm of lift, but when fitted it's a bit less. So who makes the best struts to give me 50mm of lift and, preferably, are adjustable??

Thanks.

You would be looking for something like these

productimage-picture-prg-tundra-3-leveling-kit-4050_t366.jpg

Icon...$999
Radflo...$999
King...$1449
SAW...1099

These are all 2.5" but you can also get 2"
productimage-picture-radflo_frontier_fabtech_calmini_lifted_coilovers-3988_t366.jpg

Fabtech and Calmini $829
productimage-picture-radflo_2_0_oem_replacement_frontier_coilovers-3986_t366.JPG

Radflo $789

You can adjust height and also spring rates and all are rebuildable .All prices are in US dollars and you have to add shipping from the US or try to find someone in Aus like Radflo Suspension - Extreme Motor Sports, Performance Parts and Accessories at competitive prices, Toombul, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 4013

Now that all looks VERY interesting. Is there any difference between those products and what you can get from OME, Ironman, TJM etc etc??? And do you think those Yankee 'struts' are as strong as the stuff from OME, Ironman, TJM etc?????????

They look like bolt out, bolt in type units. Is it easy to replace these 'struts'???

The mounting of any type of shock/strut etc is easy enough.
There is a big difference between the above and straight shocks etc from OME etc. The above units can be fully customised to your trucks weight etc and also are rebuildable. Normal type shocks like OME ironman etc are a set and forget unit. Not rebuildable so when they are spent you replace them.With the springs on the OME types you dont have much choice as to what you get. With the above types you can get whatever you want spring rate wise. The standard spring on a Navara is about the 550lb mark. Normally when you have a bar fited etc you would go up to something like a 700lb spring. I went the other way and have 500lb springs .
It does make a difference being able to adjust your gear for your truck.

Do you need spring compressors when you install the new ones??

Excluding shipping, those prices you gave with the pics are about what you'd pay for OME's, Ironmans etc, so that makes them very interesting. What do the Vicroads, RTA's etc of the world think of them??

The struts usually will ship as acompleted bolt in item.
I have the Radlfo's in my 4x2 and no dramas what so ever.
I had to have mine Engineered as they are an adjustable coil over and in the ACT they dont like them being adjustable height wise.
Have a chat to Edgar at Extreme Motor Sports and he will be able to help you out. Or you can ring Glenn at Radflo in the US .

Back