Strange engine noise......

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miner-matt

Reaction score
Hi fella's, look just fishing out there for any ideas. I have a 09 Titanuim, and the other day driving home from the mine and under acceleration a weird flicking noise was coming out from the engine, actually more from under the Drivers side dash or maybe behind the firewall, like someone flicking through a deck of cards. Its only done it twice but is more than a little bit unnerving to hear....Could it be the computer rattling away? Also i found once i came off the loud pedal it seemed to rev a bit more before coming back to idle, only 100rpm or so for a split second but it usually doesnt do this.

Any theories???

cheers

Does the oil light come on ,on the dash.It sounds like the tappets could be rattling because of lack of oil pressure.I dont know,I havnt heard it but it might be something to look at.

does it sound like a rattling noise coming from behind the dash or near the accel pedal, also when it makes the noise if you place your foot slightly on the clutch pedal does it go away. if so allot of us d40 owners are having the same issue. some have found it to be loost nuts holding the accel pedal down or another thing i cant remember. there is another thread on here in the d40 section regarding this viabration noise, check out tha thread and you might find what your looking for.

Scotty.. no no oil light has come on, sounds to close to be ratttlin tappets my guess is under the dash, Onlock.... will have to try the clutch thing next time it happens, will search the forums now.

cheers

I have the same thing n so do 2 of my other mates with D40's if you find a fix i would b interested in what it is 2

Latest posts

Back