Bye bye old man monroe hello rancho

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nafmersa

Reaction score
Well when i bought the nav the old man monroes were a bit soft then one outing to lancelin and bang, rooted. due to the lack of time id been driving my girl for about 12 months with that titanic feeling, tyres are just about shot and she's only been getting driven once a week for the past 10 months anyway, so i didnt bother changing them out. now it started to get a bit beyond a joke, time for new front shocks. rang all the usual suspects, prices varied, was almost ready to by a pair of iron mans and thought stuff it i want adjustability, rancho rs9000 will do exactly what i want. made a few more calls prices varied from $420 a pair to $510 a pair. then i found a pair out of the mighty u.s. of a. $257 aud later, they were shipped to my door within 7 working days. thank you raging aussie economy.:rock: heres a few pics.

and to all the suspension dudes out there....GREASE THE FRIGGIN BOLTS........crush tube had seized on to mine, not fun.

Attachments

• IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1480.jpg
    IMG_1480.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1483.jpg
    IMG_1483.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 226
Just check your upper control arm.
Looks like it's rubbing on the shock.
If it is just grind a bit off the arm.
Cheers

How's she ride now mate ?

oustanding, got it set at about seven but a little firm, so will crawl under and back it off to five and see how she goes. ive driven a few of these with different brands of shock and these are the best by far. stoked with the result.

just ordered a set for the rear for $82 usd each plus shipping and im going to look into the remote adjustment system.

Last edited:
the rears arrived friday, installed them saturday and the ride quality is awesome. now all i have to do is wait for the remote ride control system to arrive and i can adjust them without leaving the nav. i think i could have gotten away with the standard 0-1 inch lift shocks as the 2" ones have to be compressed quite alot to get them to fit, but in saying that the old man monroes were identical in the compression position. thats if the old man springs are right?

Attachments

• IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 105
hey mate, do you think that if i could swing some money your way you'd be able to get a set of front and back shocks for me too? it's all well that you can buy these cheap from the states but not having anyone contactable living there makes things hard..... any help would be greatly appreciated!:cheers!:

hey mate, do you think that if i could swing some money your way you'd be able to get a set of front and back shocks for me too? it's all well that you can buy these cheap from the states but not having anyone contactable living there makes things hard..... any help would be greatly appreciated!:cheers!:

id like to but have been bitten before. heres some info of a guy who ships to oz.
if your after the standard ones then get them through this guy in the states. i got the fronts through him in the end and the service was outstanding. here are the links.

fronts: Rancho RS999188 - Shock Absorber; R9000XL Series | eBay

rears: Rancho RS999113 - Shock Absorber; R9000XL Series | eBay

if you ask he should be able to combine the shipping and save you a few more bucks.

the fronts are the same whether standard or 2" lift but if you need the 2" lift rear ones the part number is RS999118. he doesnt have any of these listed on ebay but im sure he'd get them for you. all the part numbers ive used are whats listed on the australian rancho site. i only got the ones through my4by.com because i wanted them asap and it actually cost me a bit more for freight and took a couple of days longer to arrive. ive just ordered the myride rancho remote system from him which should come in about a week.

well it has arrived..........the last piece of the rancho puzzle, the MY RIDE remote adjustment system. Saturday it will be installed, Sunday it will be tested.... :rock:

Attachments

• IMG_2212.jpg
    IMG_2212.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2214.jpg
    IMG_2214.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 75
This is the exact setup i wanted but was told that the 9000xl adjustable wasn't strong enough for the fronts in the D40's and that the Remote control system was withdrawn from the market due to a 40% failure rate, i was also told the Rancho Quicklift coilovers were withdrawn. Maybe i was told a fib to sway me to another brand...

I'll be real interested in hearing how you go with this setup. Did you say you were still using the OME springs?

This is the exact setup i wanted but was told that the 9000xl adjustable wasn't strong enough for the fronts in the D40's and that the Remote control system was withdrawn from the market due to a 40% failure rate, i was also told the Rancho Quicklift coilovers were withdrawn. Maybe i was told a fib to sway me to another brand...

I'll be real interested in hearing how you go with this setup. Did you say you were still using the OME springs?

no ive got 2" old man emu lift kit.

nah thats from putting it in mate, got about 3mm clearance.

That 3mm will dissapear with a bit of flex & twisting off road and they will hit dinting your outer tube of your shock and make quite a noise. Been there.

That 3mm will dissapear with a bit of flex & twisting off road and they will hit dinting your outer tube of your shock and make quite a noise. Been there.

got to pull em out again to fit the air lines for the remote system anyway gonna grind the arm a bit, just to be sure.

id like to but have been bitten before. heres some info of a guy who ships to oz.
if your after the standard ones then get them through this guy in the states. i got the fronts through him in the end and the service was outstanding. here are the links.

fronts: Rancho RS999188 - Shock Absorber; R9000XL Series | eBay

rears: Rancho RS999113 - Shock Absorber; R9000XL Series | eBay

if you ask he should be able to combine the shipping and save you a few more bucks.

the fronts are the same whether standard or 2" lift but if you need the 2" lift rear ones the part number is RS999118. he doesnt have any of these listed on ebay but im sure he'd get them for you. all the part numbers ive used are whats listed on the australian rancho site. i only got the ones through my4by.com because i wanted them asap and it actually cost me a bit more for freight and took a couple of days longer to arrive. ive just ordered the myride rancho remote system from him which should come in about a week.

If it helps you guys out i emailed him yesterday and quoted the 2" lift front and rear shocks plus a steering stabiliser (RS5402/5592) and it came to $465.58 USD for the shocks and stabiliser plus $235.10 USD for express post (1-2wks) or $205.15 USD for normal post (2-4wks)

This thread is about a D22 not a D40

I was told the same thing by 4WD1

They are the Rancho distributor
Cheers

Last edited:
finally got the remote system in for the ranchos. works a treat i set it up for sports mode stiffened up nicely then took it onto some rough dirt tracks back the adjustment off with the push of a button, fanatastic system. wont hyave to get out and dial in the shocks. awesome.

Latest posts

Back