BP90 D22 Navara STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BP90

Reaction score
Hey just thought i would start a thread on my 05 D22 that i bought a few weeks ago. This is my first 4x4 car that i have owned and im loving it already. My Nav is a 05 dual cab str, when i bought it it was was pretty much standard except for a arb canopy. Here are sum pics of it at the car yard.

IMG_8047.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8051.jpg

Since i bought it i have installed my Pioneer MP3 USB headunit, Pioneer 6.5" in splits with crossovers into the front doors, Lightforce Blitz 240 spotlights onto the bullbar and a Uniden DIN sized UHF with GME aerial with spring base, i am part way through making rear speaker spacers to mount my Pioneer 6" 3ways into the rear doors, making up 2 different ways then will decide on the better and use them, one will mount the speaker where the nissan speaker cover is and the other will mount it where the ash tray is but it will also cover up where nissan put the speaker cover. when i get round to getting pics of these i will upload them, i will try and remember to get photos of how i did some of the stuff incase anyone is interested.

there are too many things that i want to do to it to make a future mods section, so i will just update as things progress. cheers

Nice clean Nav mate.

Check out Chartrock on here, he has a Nav the same as yours.

There is a lot of things you can spend your hard earned cash on.

Nice Nav mate, good colour, how many k's?
Couple of tips, have input the UHF in yet? Either way move stereo to top, so that mic cord doesn't get in way if stereo controls.
U know about the 4b system and not to engage on "grippy" surfaces?
Cheers, Marcus

Lasoya- cheers mate, yeah got a heap of stuff i wana do to it.

Dave- thanks, ah riteeo true? yeah i will try find his then and have a look, and yeah there sure is.

ScottyBobcat- thanks scott, yeah i did see the post about your rocksliders, they dont look too bad aye, might have to get a set down the track.

digbyj- it had 100,500kms when i got, so roughly 100,800 now, yeah when i put in my uhf i moved the headunit to the top thanks anyways mate, ummm do you mean just not to use 4H or 4L on like bitumen etc?

bbryant85- cheers mate, yeah i like the colour to, i kno that silver and white are the best colours for if you plan on going offroad as they dont show up the scratches as easily, but there are too many white ones in the town i live in and i never actually found a decent silver one for sale, plus this had the bonus of the canopy :)

here are some pictures of my nav after putting the blitz240s, the uniden uhf, gme aerial, pioneer mp3 usb headunit and pioneer 6.5" front splits

S6300440.jpg

S6300445.jpg

S6300446.jpg

Just a little update on my stereo system, finally finished my rear door pods that was my initial design but i may change it as its a little bit muffled but definately is an improvement than having just the 2 front speakers. They are made out of mdf and covered in black vynil, plus i chose to use the nissan speaker cover to try make it look a bit more tidy as you cant see the front speakers so i thought why use the pioneer speaker cover, they are a full sized 6inch 3-way speaker (not shallow speaker).

2c704da9.jpg

Let me know what you think

Good job.

I like it, I went the shallow speakers as I could see one of my mates damaging the cover.

Cheers dave, yeah i seen alot of people on here went with the shallow speakers, i was almost considering doing the same cause it would have been alot easier, except i already had the pioneer 3ways so i thought why not mess around making up the spacers and that for them, im probly going to change them again so the speaker will be clearer, but will save that for when i have some free time to do it after i get a few other things for my nav, hopefully better tyres and maybe a lift.

so my navara is in gettin a 2inch lift kit, and as soon as i get it back i will be able to keep going on making my recovery points and hopefully work out how to remove the oil pressure switch so i can install my boost and oil pressure gauges. will post pics of it all as it progresses

ahh brings back memories of my old D22, she was the same colour. it was a great ute be nice to it and keep the oil changes on time and she will go forever. mine got up to a bit over 350'000km. just a tip dont take it swimming above its head, as i found my nav didnt fair so good......:suicide2: what a dumb thing that was hahaha

Wow thats a nice neat ute, hope you can keep it that way.

Bill Parks said:
Nice Ute.
I have the same color and model only mines a 2006.
I cant remember mine ever being that clean :)
Bill

nathand22 said:
ahh brings back memories of my old D22, she was the same colour. it was a great ute be nice to it and keep the oil changes on time and she will go forever. mine got up to a bit over 350'000km. just a tip dont take it swimming above its head, as i found my nav didnt fair so good...... what a dumb thing that was hahaha

mitch92 said:
Nice looking ute mate.

cheers fellas, yeah im glad i bought a navara over a rodeo, haha nah i dont plan on taking it scuba diving nathan, and not to keen on going through to much water until i get a snorkel for it.

just a few pics of my nav after the 2inch lift although the front had been wound up a little bit already from standard so the front there wasnt too much in height difference but im happy with it, i got dobinson front shocks, rear leaves, greaseable shackles, poly bushes, got the standard torsion bars wound up to make 2inch over standard plan on gettin hd dobinson torsion bars when i look into a steel bullbar and winch.
S6300467.jpg

S6300458.jpg

S6300459.jpg

S6300463.jpg

also bought a dobinsons recovery hitch with 4.75T shackle, 2 xtm recovery hooks for the front recovery points that im making up, a boost pressure and oil pressure gauge and a pillar gauge pod, and just a cheap sca toolbox to go in the tub to put my recovery kit and stuff in there. will put photos up as i install the recovery points and gauges

Latest posts

Back