D22 Styleside Ute Camper Trailer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camk

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking at buying a D22 tub and creating a camper trailer out of it.

Has anyone done this before?
Any Tips?
Costs?

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks
Cam

There is plenty of tubs converted to trailers with roof top tents on them if that's what your trying to do.

Look on the Kimberly kamper website. They have a hilux one they sell as a complete package. Has ute body canopy roof top tent fridge slides etc. Here are a couple of pictures. It's called the kimberley konvertable.

Last edited:
As soon as I can get my hands on a single cab ute body this is on my to do list.

Attachments

• image-1237219935.png
    image-1237219935.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 464
  • image-3023886535.png
    image-3023886535.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 365
I'm trying to talk my old man into giving me his 4 man roof top off his landcruiser as he doesn't need it anymore and ill be making a setup so i can take it off and put it on with ease.
Would be an awesome setup if he lets me have it

That looks Cool ! I have a spare tub and hard lid. I was thinking of making it like the old torana hatch hutch.

Hi All,

I am looking at buying a D22 tub

Buy? Try asking the local mobs that do tub to tray conversions if they have any lying around. Might not be pristine, but you could avoid dealer markup.

Ideas, rules on myswag.org forum under their build your own section.

Commercial drop in campers for tubs, etc; check out the manufacturers list on campertrailer.org pages

For me, it is another project if we eventually replace the tub with a tray.

Thanks all,

i have bought a 2009 d22 str tub for $200.

My Dad and i are going to build a trailer frame, and make it into a camper. Reasonably cheap to do.budgeting about $3000 including tent(expensive part)

cheers

was gonna say check ebay...there is crap loads on the net. and also ring the tray mobs like dura tray and those to see if they have any laying around. i remember getting my bt50 one few years ago from a toyota dealer(odd i know). i sold it bout 8months ago for $400

Latest posts

Back