Snugtop Canopy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdunkley84

Reaction score
Hey guys,

On my Nav I have a snugtop canopy, the one with the big thick bars ontop. Just wondering if anyone knows how thick the roof of these things are. To me it seems quite thick. What I want to do is strap my maxtraxx up inside the canopy with some elastic straps so they are on the ceiling of the canopy. I think this will keep them out of the way. Has anyone else screwed into the roof of one of these.

Garrick.

If a canopy can't hold that sort of thing up there it's not worth much. Maxtraxs can't weigh that much and they are spread over something like a meter in length so I wouldn't be worried.

I'd still be careful with any sort of mounting screws and the elastic given that it may bounce around but we put fishing rod holders on the inside of Dad's canopy and it held 4 x 15 foot 3 piece surf rods and 4 x boat rods with or without reels on an aluminum frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just sort of worried about how long a screw I can put in there, don't want to break through the outside.

That will be your biggest issue, on the old mans we were able to make brackets to fit them. If I was doing it on my current canopy I'd use the bolts that hold the lift up windows in place but each canopy is different.

Latest posts

Back