D40 Snorkel Dramas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOSH

Reaction score
Hi all having alot of trouble purchasing a snorkel for my 09 single cab thai built D40. Ironman have apparently recalled and stopped selling there d40 snorkels due to poor fitting due to multiple air cleaner designs on different models. I have now purchased a safari snorkel and am awaiting its arrival. Wondering if anyone has fitted a safari snorkel themselves and if they had any big dramas also. What size and type of hole saw and any other speciallised tools required and on the odd chance someone has them sitting around a set of instructions would be great. Thanks very much in advance

if you bought it new it will come with a set of instructions and a template to mark all the holes on your front gaurd, its a fairly easy task just a lil daunting when you start drilling holes. where abouts are you located, im from western suburbs melbourne and have all the tools needed but not the intructions. also check out the safari webisite as i think the instructions are on there and maybe you could buy the template or somehting if needed

Cheers mate am in Bundaberg QLD so a little far to borrow your tools. Thanks for the offer though. Should have everything except possibly the holesaw. I imagine its pretty big. Ill have alook at safaris website. Cheers again

I think from memory it was like 102mm or something, dont qoute me on that but the instruction will tell you

I picked up a decent quality holesaw and arbor from ebay - and sold it on for much the same price. Expensive item -around $65 all up - to have just sitting around - never to be used again! Made for almost free fitting.

im a sparky and use holesaws quite regularly so i just wrote it off on tax and at least i know if i need it again for something i still have it or if anyone needs it i can help out

Is it a specific steel hole saw or just a timber or tugnsten style one for FC? How thick is the gaurd? I have used both for cutting relatively light gauge steel before due to sheer necessity being a chippy at times where did you buy yours from would a large drill bit then a die grinder work. Dont care what it costs just dont want it to cost a quarter panel.

Well the name of this thread summed my experience fitting this snorkel up pretty well. Brought a safari snorkel through the local arb dealership as iron man had stopped making d40 snorkels. Got it home drilled the holes preped and painted them went to fit and discovered the snorkel does not fit due to a different wheel arch flare on rx cab chassis. Alot of yelling at a very appolagetic arb shop a couple of beers and hours on a heat gun i now have a snorkel that is a bees dick from where it should be and a store credit for my new spotties. Safari admitted discovering this a few months ago and labeling as of a month ago apparently . So no rx snorkels available at all. Hope this helps someone avoid this drama
PHP:

Latest posts

Back