upper control arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman ty

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just fitted a new set of upper control arms from cal offroad. These are suppose to help lifted vehicles regain the little travel which they have. Its the 3 inch lift kit. The problem i have (or maybe it is'nt a problem) is that when on level ground, the upper control arms sit on the bump stop and therefore there is no downward wheel travel at all. Is this right? If not, what have i done wrong. Just had a wheel alignment done and i still cant correct the negative camber. Any info would be much appreciate.

Regards,
TY

I think you need to aim for around 10mm clearance? Not sure, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Cut the bump stop in half!
No only joking, I'm not familir with D22 suspension, but it doesn't sound right, ask the suspension supplier if all else fails.
Good luck

my top bumpstops have fell out. no harm done. you want to give yourself the most down travel possible while still retaining a decent hight.

Thanks guys.

I might wind the torsion bars down a bit and see how that goes. Maybe even rip the bump stop out. That should be better.

Regards,
TY

Dont remove the bump stop, very illegal.

Wind em down so you about 10mm as stated.

Dave.

yeah your cvs wont like it without the bumpstop, you should have more travel then mine does.

Thanks guys.

I wound the torsion bars back a bit and have got about 15mm to the bump stop. Much better ride now. Not much down travel in these ifs vehicles. i think its time for a front locker...

Latest posts

Back