broke diff looking for r200 diff with 3.9 ratio

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awoodman

Reaction score
i have a 2009 d22 str 2.5 with 3.9 diffs and have just replaced the lhs diff shaft (nissan rejected the warranty.. surprise surprise..)
and im looking at replacing the diff, with something stronger.
Does anyone know if the r200 diff comes in a 3.9 ratio?

i hear of people tearing teeth off the center and breaking cv's, anyone seen this?

skilllessness-IMG_0303.JPG

nissan say i 'shock loaded the diff'
apparently 1500rpm in low range reverse is enough to shock load the diff... r180.. probably true.

the warranty i paid for ended up costing me $130 for nissan to put it on the hoist and take pictures.
$1080 part from nissan, $20 from the wreakers and a $9.90 seal.

Never seen that, but you will need a C200 3.9 centre and put that in a R200A housing.

As far as I know, Nissan has never put a 3.9 centre into the R200A housing.

Yep.

Pinion's and Crown wheels wear together.

Make sure they are from the same diff.

Same thing has happened to me twice in 2 months and yeah Nissan refused it under warranty, let me know how you go please as I am currently after a stronger alternative.

Thanks

hey guys, just a thought but if you truely want an r200 in a 3.9 ratio, you'll need the r200a housing, then buy yourself an r200 diff from a 180sx with the sr20det AUTO, then just swap the internals over into the r200a housing..... hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back