the navarian wave

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
I was talking to my brother who is part of the patrol for and mentioned to me today about them trailing a patrol wave idea. It's just a simple if u see a patrol driver u wave at them and if they wave back then chances are they are a forum memberor think ur random. That way you get to know cars and faces without having to go to meets.

So I was thinking we should all try something to the likes of this. I'm pretty sure its a good idea and I know personally I don't drive my navara a lot but the wife gets more use out of it then me. But I still give some navara drivers a wave and get nothing back.

Anyways enough writing. If its a dumb idea just tell me and we can thread close

Cheers
Rusty

Its a great idea when i lived in Canada everyone who drove a jeep did it

I remember getting waved at heaps in my kombi, but that may have been more 'sucker!!!' thananything else. We certainly get lots of waves when we're towing the van, but rarely have a Navara driver wave back.

let's see if that changes!

I'm using my new Iconia to send this, hope it works!

nah digby ... the other way around ...

wave at D40's
finger at D22's
and snigger with hand over mouth at D21's ...

LOL

If I'm sniggering at D21 drivers it will leave me nothing to do when I see a GW.

I've often thought of this as well.

My old man used to do the Range Rover wave when he had one, mind you his was a 70's model with a holden V8 conversion so most probably didnt want to wave at him ha ha.

For the nearly 3 years of owning my nav I have waved at other nav drivers 60% of the time I get a wave back. I think it's a great idea.

Bus drivers down here used to have their own hand signals, for anyone who didn't know what they were it looked stupid but they knew and thought it was hilarious.

Well sound like a good idea . Yay I thought of something good for once :) Hehe. Well let's start. D21, d22 and d40 wave it up lol. See you around :)

As old tony said . When you tow the caravan Every other person towing a Van waves . But I diont know there are thousands of Nav's around where I live and usualy look and when you wave have a stupid look on their face like Who the F*#k is that ?

D22 wave middle finger ! We can handle it . Ha ha

There's a billion Nav's in my area, I won't have time to wave to them all and change gears while eating a cheese burger, what a pickle.

Used to get big hearty waves and even stopped by other EH holden drivers when I had one.
Always gave the nod to other Motorcycle riders - except Harley riders cause they are too tough. Forgot this when I rode Scotty's Harley through Healseville the other weekend and I was nodding at sportsbike riders whilst astride a 2 wheeled air compressor.
I wave at most Navara's now anyway because whilst at lights or around town the great big f off VNOG sticker on the windscreen draws attention to others driving the bastard vehicles. Normally its just a finger raised from the wheel and and a nod of the head in respect to " I feel your pain brother"

As for the NAVARIAN Wave? He is so laconic that on a good day the best you get out of him is a raised finger from the wheel......Would love to see him from now on performing a royal wave. Stiff hand rotating from the wrist.....
queen+wave.jpg

Having driven Aido's D22 50 meters, I would be too scared to wave as both hands are required at all times to keep the wheel barrow under control.

Having driven Aido's D22 50 meters, I would be too scared to wave as both hands are required at all times to keep the wheel barrow under control.

Nah.....
With a bit of practice I can follow your pootrol up escarpments while eating a pack of chips, headbanging to Prong and flicking a ciggie out the window.
Its easy once you get the hang of it......Mountain goats are sure footed just a little rough around the edges.

Prong......:rock:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl-5TrGakWY[/YT]

Latest posts

Back