recovery points on 06 STR with airbag

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joely1991

Reaction score
Not 100% sure if this has been covered. basically i've got an 06 D22 STR 3.0 and looking at mounting some recovery hooks on the front end. but not sure on where i can mount them, and if it would set off the airbag etc. in the pic below i've circled a spot. but i suspect this would set off the airbag? any help would be great, thanks

IMG_0666edited-2.jpg
[/IMG]

air bags only get set off above a certain speed. so unless you get flung out at high speed the bags won't go off. also in 4x4 mode it takes a bigger impact to set off the bags.

my concern is that with wheels spinning the ecu may think your going fast enough to deploy air bags. that can be dangerous if your leaning up against the steering wheel.

if in doubt find a way to turn off air bags when 4x4ing.

Hey mate,
Go to ridgies ride thread and you'll see pics of where they can go.
If you do a quick search you'll also find a couple of threads on this (but not the air bag part). Was looking at getting some made up but there's a fair bit of debate about what's best as you'll see!
Awesome work on the bash plate by the way! I'm going to see a fabricator on Monday about some rear checkerplate so i might see what hed want to bend one up... if ya don't mind!

Latest posts

Back