Tyre rotation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubamurph

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been wondering if anyone does 5 tyre rotation on their vehicles.
I have read the manual and see it only shows 4 tyre rotation, is there
a reason for this?

I just want to get some use out of my full size spare tyre. Where would I
fit it on the rotation cycle? Anyone done this?

Regards Murph

The main reason I don't rotate all five is because the ST-X doesn't have an alloy spare.

Once upon a time tyre manufacturers used to recommend direction rotation as well as position rotation but these days that's not always the case. I still rotate corner to corner every 10,000ks but if I had the choice to use a spare I'd just follow the method manuals used to recommend which was something like spare to left rear, left rear to right rear, right rear to left front, left front to right front, right front to spare. Then follow the same idea next rotation. But everyone has a different method however without a spare alloy it's not something I need to consider.

I do a 5 tyre rotation, its 5th (spare) to rear drivers, rear drivers to front drivers, front drivers to rear passenger, rear passenger to front passenger, and then front passenger is taken off and stored in the shed. I like having 5 tyres in case i destory one then i have another of similiar age and tread depth. My steel spare is left unrotated.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I don't have an alloy spare so will go for 4 tyre rotation for now.
Will look at picking up a spare ST-X alloy as well.

Murph

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I was always going to do the same but could never decide if the alloy was going to end up scratched and marked sitting under the ute for most of it's life. But the KC's came out with a spare alloy so maybe it's not a huge issue. Just don't go to Nissan if you're going to buy one someone said they want about $500 for an alloy, on ebay they go for between $100 and $200. Just make sure you get an STX alloy and not and ST or RX.

I bought a second hand alloy from Niss4X4 so that I could do a 5 wheel rotation and use the steel rim as the second spare.

yeah my spare alloy sits in the shed, steel spare is still under the tray. If i need to take a 2nd spare somewhere i can just strap it to the roofrack. another reason i like the 5 is its easy as soon asn remove the wheel you put another back on..saves using axles stands or 2 jacks etc and you do a lot less work with the jack. I can rotate them in about 20 mins with a fast lift trolley jack.

Last edited:
i feel dupped ... i got 5 x alloys with my RX - i didn't even get a steel spare rim ...

i have since bought 4 more alloys off ebay @ 150 each plus delivery ... so i still dont have a steel spare ... ?

Yeah but you also got the remote fuel lid opener because they knew you were to simple to remove the key from the ignition and use it to unlock the fuel lid so it's no wonder you feel duped :ha:

well, the first smart arse response i was going to write was ...

my tyres get rotated every time i drive ... they go round and round and round ...

i thought it more appropriate to go with the steel rim theme instead !!!

:ha: :ha: :ha:

The first smart arse response I thought of was too call you simple, I obviously didn't think about appropriateness...but then I never do, no point in only half offending someone.

Pfft I think it was yours, been that long since it happened I don't remember.

I am bloody old and I've aged threefold since this new business started I think.

KraftyPg said:
I was always going to do the same but could never decide if the alloy was going to end up scratched and marked sitting under the ute for most of it's life. But the KC's came out with a spare alloy so maybe it's not a huge issue. Just don't go to Nissan if you're going to buy one someone said they want about $500 for an alloy, on ebay they go for between $100 and $200. Just make sure you get an STX alloy and not and ST or RX.

My KC had a steel spare, so does the 550

Oh ok I thought it was the KC's that got the alloy, but as Woody so rudely pointed out it's the cheap shit RX's :sarcastic:

Back