Blackdown Tablelands

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch92

Reaction score
G'day all

Who would be interested in a camping trip up to Blackdown Tablelands? It is a very nice spot not far from Dingo. There is only one "4wd" track, which is not hardcore, only really 4wd due to needing the clearance, however there is plenty of nice walks in the area, which all lead to some pretty spectacualr views of the surrounding areas.

DERM Link: http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/blackdown-tableland/about.html

Basically just wondering who would be interested and then see if we can come up with some sort of date to do it? I have outage at work from august i believe which means i wouldn't be able to do it for month of august/september, but can confirm dates this week.

So who would be keen and when would suit you?

Mitch

I'm sure it could be done around then, will see who else pops their head up as well. It is a good place to go to and not that far from Gladstone/Rockhampton area.

Mitch

Are the times you said school holidays? I have no problems with that just getting an idea.

Mitch

Not sure, the about 4 weeks time as in getting stuff done to my car from arb in the next 3 weeks

Yep no problems. I can do any weekend just about. Most of july I am in gladstone for tafe which is no problems.

Mitch

Sounds good but unfortunately we have our shut in July/August this year.
I will be out all July til mid August.

Would still like to get up there for a trip. Maybe later in the year.

Murph

I checked and our shut is the 22nd August till 22nd October, which means i am out all of that time, as well as first weekend of November as i will be at Mud Bulls.

Any other suggestions as to when?

Actually closer to the end of the year might be better, im in europe for a month in septemper/october plus it might warm up a bit later in the year.

A long day trip might be possible?

A long day trip would be possible from my end, it's you guys that would have the most travelling time. Otherwise i would also agree that late this year seems to be the better choice as far as timing goes by the looks.

Im easy to drive out that far. I drive to emerald and back in a day for work so its not to far

Yea in my opinion it's not that far either but just wanted to make sure all good for you guys. So if we do just a day trip when would suit people, still m0ore towards end of the year you think?

If it were only a day run I should be able to squeeze it in last weekend of June or first weekend July.

That suit anyone?

Murph

*edit*
Just realised the Coolooa beach run is on the last weekend of June so thats one is out.

Last edited:
I'm basically free till 22nd of August, but then not free till mid November.

Boosted? Prefer later in the year or wanna try for july weekend?

Mitch

Latest posts

Back