Reduction gearing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

I was looking into reduction gearing the other day and it all seems good but wasent quite sure if this mod is really worth the cash. At the moment im happy with low range on the d22, as in it has got me all the places ive wanted it to and havent really felt if i had lower gearing i would of made a difference. I thought i read somewhere that joshy said he has it and his now low 1st is equivalent to the old low 4th. see to me that sounds like you would loose to much momentum. Or is reduction gearing really just for rock hopping or really hardcore terrain. any thoughts or facts, or guys that have done the mod feel free to share some info. Cheers

Matty

would love lower reduction gears, just don't like the price !
stock 1st low is way to high for when you want to crawl through the tricky stuff.
when i mean tricky, its not neccarly hard core 4x4 either. just spots where you want to take is nice and slow and be very gentle.

i dont mind low first at the moment, maybe i have not been anywhere yet where i would need lower gears. i thought because they are so low that the loss of a bit of momentum would have a negative effect. i know the slower the wheels are spinning the greater the chances are of gaining traction so maybe it really is a worthwhile mod.

Matty

its deffinetly one of the best mods ive done. so much more control. 4th is like the old first, with 35's on. i wouldnt get them if your only running 31's as it will just be too low. but thats just me.

Anyone wants reductions gears, make an offer. only 8months old, cost $1500 new.

Anyone know of reduction gears for D40? Im looking at selling a few things putting calmini or titan swap possibly and getting bigger tyres on

Joshy,

Are the reduction gears you have the same as the diesel diff. Cause i have noticed you have a v6 front diff.

Regards,
TY

yeah mate, diff has no effect on the transfer gears.

One thing with reduction gears to remember, you can always go up a gear if its too low...

Latest posts

Back