Wreckers.... Arghhhh

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davess

Reaction score
Well I've been chasing a starter for the d21 since Saturday morning, it seems not one wrecker in Melbourne has one... I call the ****** 4x4 wrecker here (they might be in *****stown) and ask them if they have one... "yeah mate no worries" ok to be clear there are 4 different starters for the d21 depending on engine/fuel/trans/drive.. I try to explain this to the genius at the wreckers (why to they always think they know EVERYTHING) "nah mate just tell me the engine","yeah its the Z24, but it's the 9 tooth starter ok", "right mate no worries". Well what do you think arrives today?? an 8 tooth starter from a Z20... I call them straight away to tell them they've made a mistake and mr genius says "come on mate no need to ark up".... Meanwhile he is offering to send another starter over, I told him thanks but no just refund the money and send someone to come get this one back. Now back to finding a starter...

No, I can get a new one sent from Adelaide by a guy who's gone out of his way to be helpful. The one from the wreckers might have 30 days warranty on it?? The new one has 1 year at least. Besides the guy just didn't listen and that's how this whole problem happened, just 30 seconds to take onboard what I was saying and viola! no problem... So, why give them my money?

Besides the guy just didn't listen and that's how this whole problem happened, just 30 seconds to take onboard what I was saying and viola! no problem... So, why give them my money?

I'm with you Dave. I've got suppliers that send me the wrong thing then i ask them to fix. They send me the exact same wrong thing again. I'm still calm and ask "what's going on?" "Oh we're out of stock of your order so we sent you that again." FFSake!!! WTF WTF WTF. Meanwhile i've got my own customers asking "where's my job? where's my job?".
There are some really painful idiots in this world.

No, I can get a new one sent from Adelaide by a guy who's gone out of his way to be helpful. The one from the wreckers might have 30 days warranty on it?? The new one has 1 year at least. Besides the guy just didn't listen and that's how this whole problem happened, just 30 seconds to take onboard what I was saying and viola! no problem... So, why give them my money?

Yeah fair enough if you can find one elsewhere, I thought that you couldn't so figured it might be better just to get your car fixed and give them a 2nd chance but if you've found another then I hope it works out and you get her back on the road!

Most of the wreckers around here are the same.

They only employ people with IQ's below 50 I swear.

Most of the wreckers around here are the same.

They only employ people with IQ's below 50 I swear.

We are very quick to gang up on businesses on this forum sometimes, and we know that bad service travels faster than good. The wrecker in question is used by many other people on here who have good experiences and recommend him and seeing as the bloke has been kind enough to sponsor the Muster I think we shouldn't right him off too quickly.

We are very quick to gang up on businesses on this forum sometimes, and we know that bad service travels faster than good. The wrecker in question is used by many other people on here who have good experiences and recommend him and seeing as the bloke has been kind enough to sponsor the Muster I think we shouldn't right him off too quickly.

Fair enough, i agree. Edited my post.

I know Adam well from getting parts through him and he has been good.I have spent time there also and yes he has monkeys working for him and he is extremely busy.
He made an effort to send another one out and you renegged on that.People are entitled to make mistakes and yes he has sponsored the muster in which woody and I organised.
Maybe you should have taken yours to an auto elec to get rebuilt.
I am nuetral in this and in no way having a go at you pete.

I know Adam well from getting parts through him and he has been good.I have spent time there also and yes he has monkeys working for him and he is extremely busy.
He made an effort to send another one out and you renegged on that.People are entitled to make mistakes and yes he has sponsored the muster in which woody and I organised.
Maybe you should have taken yours to an auto elec to get rebuilt.
I am nuetral in this and in no way having a go at you pete.

Hey mate.

The origonal post was not made by me. I just had the drama's with the mud flap.

"yes he has monkeys working for him". Makes sense as one of the last emails i recieved was saying he would personally send out the next one to make sure it was right this time.

All was good in the end. New one just turned up and is all good.

Pete

Last edited:
I had a front diff sent out to me by Adam earlier this year after i cracked my diff whilst off road.

I found Adam easy to deal with, and the diff arrived accross town within 2 working days. Apart from needed to be cleaned up (it had been sitting around, so that is to be expected) and having new seals fitted (just to be very, very safe), i have had no problems and found Adam's service to be excellant.

Scottybobcat did make the initial call for me to Adam, and then i followed through with ordering and payment.

Adam also has the proud previledge of being the first financial SPONSOR to contribute to the National Navara Muster - that is why i have him at the top of the sponsors list on the new web site launched yesterday.

Cheers, David.

Maybe. I am talking local wreckers.

Oh and the one mentioned. When I was looking for the right YD25 intake part.

I was told by the company in question they have it. So payed for it.

3 weeks later I rang them as it hadn't arrived and they told me they didn't have it and refunded my money.

Thats average service to me.

My original whinge was that the guy n the phone taking the order was too busy to take the time to listen. I called him to chase a part and therefore I think it's not too much to expect to have someone take the time to listen to what I am saying after all I am about to put money in their pocket.

The attitude given on the phone was one of "yeah yeah" and to me that's just plain stupid, in business the phone is possibly your largest revenue earner. If customer calls chasing a part or service then you either want the business or you don't.

The wreckers in question might be the best at their job in Melbourne but the initial service I had has left me thinking that I'd rather chase parts elsewhere from now on. I might be a lowly fitter monkey in my present job at but I take the time to listen to customers when they speak or ask a question.

Yeah fair enough Dave and Dave. I hate poor service, just thought I'd go inti bat for this bloke as I know others speak highly of him, but wouldn't bs much if a forum if we all werent entitled to our opinions.
Did you get the starter motor sorted ss Dave?

Yep! AAE wholesale in Radelaide called them Wednesday the overnighted it and thanks to the great weather I had it all bolted up and running by 7pm Tuesday night.

Latest posts

Back