Question on upgrade to Koni shocks etc

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris85

Reaction score
G'day guys

I have a 2005 D22 STR 3lt. Upgraded my suspension to a full Ironman kit (Medium load I think, was back in 2007). Looking to put on a custom steel tray on the back. My brother has put Koni shocks on his D40 with steel tray (along with OME springs) and the ride quality is amazing.

By changing to Koni shocks only, do you think this will improve my ride or will I require a change in the springs aswell?

I have greasable shackles with poly bushes on the springs, I have kept these greased frequently, should I be changing these after 4 yrs? (I haven't done much serious offroading, just driving around farm properties whilst on holidays).

Also should I be adding (or changing if I had one from factory standard?) a steering dampner?

I don't know much about suspension, hope these questions aren't too obvious.

Regards
Chris

D40's are always going to be more plush because they don't use the suspension design from a 1850's Cobb & Co stage coach, unlike the D22.

Sorry mate, can't help with the spring question but just to let you know Koni adjustable shocks direct from Koni supplier in Vermont Melbourne are $358 a pair, which I thought was reasonable. I'm looking at doing them with the Ironman leafs/shackles etc when the time comes.
Cheers

Sorry mate, can't help with the spring question but just to let you know Koni adjustable shocks direct from Koni supplier in Vermont Melbourne are $358 a pair, which I thought was reasonable. I'm looking at doing them with the Ironman leafs/shackles etc when the time comes.
Cheers

Thanks for that, $358 sounds like a ripper price considering my brothers were $330 each.

Regards
Chris

Cant comment on Koni's on a D22, but in general Koni are awesome.

I run Bilstiens which I am happy with but as far as I am concerned. There's only 2 brands Id use. Bilstien and Koni.

Got the Koni's, just got to fit them up.

Cheers for the replies guys

Chris

Busting up an old thread. What koni are people running? Product code etc. Rang a mob up in brissy here and they said there is no such thing for a d22. Then he rattled of an 82-2297 code to me at $180 each. Now my issue is i have been looking for remote res shocks(not easy to find) and have also found out the reason why my rancho shocks are flogged between being too long when closed( smashing the valve everytime i tuck and being to large a body and fouking on chassis).

After feedback on the koni.

Latest posts

Back