newcastle members going to muster

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra04

Reaction score
maybee we should travell to the muster together ??
safety in numbers
i was thinking of leaving bout 8 am
maybee those interested could meet up somewhere in maitland ??

I have to head up early, so I won't be in the group heading up, but when we did the Merriwa run we found it convenient to meet here. Bottom of the map is that Private Trczinski bridge, the one just off the roundabout between the Cessnock and Maitland/Paterson turnoffs on Les Darcy Drive.

Side of the road there beside the lake is plenty of area to pull over. It's double-lane through there with plenty of visibility for pulling back out onto the road.

Don't forget to choose a UHF channel.

Hey weren't you going down to freeze your arse off in the Victorian snow this weekend Dave? Maybe you New South Wales people are as silly as I thought :ha:

Anyone here from Singleton Heights got a green Thai built STR that almost pulled in front of me last night ?

I am not fussed when we head up.

Or not! Learn to choose your line. I drive a local track where I've had people who drive Landcruisers etc. Say to me how hard the track is, I'm thinking to myself what are they on about? But soon realized I was picking better lines then they were mainly because my motto is "wheel spin is my enemy". Anyway my point is, your Nav (D22?) is pretty capable standard IMO.

Cheers Brad

No offence but I know how too choose my lines I've been driven 4x4's since I was 15. and U are right about picking the right line but with the right gear U can go even harder

Therein lies the problem with textual communications. I know Brad wasn't giving you advice on how to beat the track, it was aimed "out there" like many of our posts are.

The easy track will be interesting without a lift. There are a couple of drop-overs that will require a decent ramp-over angle. There's one climb with a hump in the middle that, without a decent vehicle height, will be a case of reversing back down the steep hill - let me see if I can find a picture of this climb (taken from the top)...

attachment.php

The light spot on the middle of the downhill is a large, solid rock that you have to climb over. This is on an alternative route, just west(ish) of the "4 Sisters" landmark on the track. This hill is rather steep - I'd guess somewhere between 30 and 45 degree incline. Most of the surface is loose rock.

Attachments

• IMG_0450-resized.jpg
    IMG_0450-resized.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 127
Any how, Back on topic, We still looking to head up in a group? meet up in Maitland would be good Idea. Dave u live in Maitland right?

P.S. that picture's not quiet working tony

Last edited:
Any how, Back on topic, We still looking to head up in a group? meet up in Maitland would be good Idea. Dave u live in Maitland right?

P.S. that picture's not quiet working tony

Yeah mate. We usually meet at the bridge near Rutherford.

is everyone happy with an 8.00/8.30am meet between the 2 roundabouts
(where tony suggested)
that should get us there about 3 or 4 in arvo with a stop for lunch

Latest posts

Back