Rear Brake Shoes Adjustment?????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENNYSTRUCK

Reaction score
Help Help Help

I have installed my new rear brake shoes but now i cant get the drum back on because they are new.

Workshop Manual says something about a shoe clearance adjustment but i cant make sense of it.

Or is there another method

Can someone simplify it for me so i can get the truck back on the road.

Cheers

back the adjuster off.
on the cylinder there is a round thing with teeth on it. turn it and the shoes will go out/in. to make it go in you need to push the lever that connects to the teeth. that lever is part of the handbrake system.
edit: sorry the adjuster is under the brake cylinder on these.

while you are at it have a look at how you are going to get a screw driver to those teeth when the drum is back on. theres a little cover on the backplate which pops off. its really fiddly to do so its easier if you have some idea where things are inside. hence the look now.
you will need to adjust he shoes out once the hubs on. if you adjust to tight you will need to back the shoes off a tad. typically you adjust them up till the hub won't spin then back them off a click or two, so its spins freely.

hope that helps.

Last edited:
Yeah i have the star adjuster wound all the way off. Had enough of it tonight. Il look at it again 2moro after work. Maybe i just need to get the two pads lined up properly. who knows.......

thanks tweake for your input.

i thought putting the drum and wheel back on was the easy bit...

if i remember right from last time i had it off, give the bottom ends of the shoes a shove inward. keep hands off the pads, use gloves or clean cloth.

Looks like handbrake is pushing the shoes out.......wheel cylinder pistons have seized on one side and boots leaking on the other.

Mobile Brake Guy is sourcing parts from WA should be here tuesday after PH and then fit tues/wed. Thats what you get for living in the NT i guess

Week and a half without the truck

What a pain in the arse

Last edited:
do you reckon the rear shoes are the same on the uk 2.5 navara d22,i cant see nissan messing about to much!

Id say so Jase.

Get the part number for the UK spec drum shoes and check with Nizzbits and see if the Aussie part numbers are the same.

Back