hot girls!!!! (now I have ur attention, I need some advice on the str leaf springs)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys, im back with a few more questions-
1. How strong/flexable are the factory leaf springs in an str navara?
2. What brand are the factory shocks and T bar?

As mentioned in my last few posts, I was thinking about doing a full suspension upgrade to the nav (also known as bowser!). But I have been thinking. Is it possible to change the

1. T bars and the shocks and leave the leaf springs as factory
2. Change the leaf springs / T bar and leave the shocks as factory

If I start to change the suspension over, do I have to do the whole lot? Bit worried that if i change one part of the suspension over to after market and leave the rest, the factory stuff might not be able to handle it and break.

The above 2 options would save me some money but I would like to do it properly once!

Cheers guys
:rock:

what do u want to do with it?
If your chasing flex i would leave factory leafs and put new shocks. If your chasing comfort/load carrying probably need to change shocks and leaves.

I don't think anybody has the spring rates for each leaf except Nissan. You can trade between stiffness and flexibility by interchanging leaves.

Shocks will be KYB.

As mentioned in my last few posts, I was thinking about doing a full suspension upgrade to the nav (also known as bowser!). But I have been thinking. Is it possible to change the

If I start to change the suspension over, do I have to do the whole lot? Bit worried that if i change one part of the suspension over to after market and leave the rest, the factory stuff might not be able to handle it and break.

You can do whatever you want, nothing will break. No idea why you'd want to upgrade the torsion bars unless you'd fitted a bullbar, winch, and dual battery kit.

I agree, i have the standard torsion bars in the front of my 04 d22, wound up 2 inches and have 32inch tyres. no problems here. If your not loading up the car too much/too often, i would just be changing shocks winding up the front and getting 2 inch blocks for the rear or extended shackles.

Thanks for the info, I was only going to change my T Bars because they have already been wound up. I wont be loading the car up too often but it will be fully loaded when we drive/relocate to broome at the end of the year. Yeah, I am probably after more of a comfortable ride then flex, would putting blocks/extended shackles in make it more comfortable? I have decideded on tough dog shocks, so I want it to all work together as much as it can (whilst saving a bit of money).
Just as a side note I got quoted just under 2 grand from OL to do a full suspension upgrade with tough dog, then yesterday I got quoted $2650 for the same thing at perth 4x4 store????? whats going on there? thats a hell of a mark up!

Hey mate would you install them yourself? because i bought mine off the toughdog dealer site and got new leafs torsions new shocks with rear adjustable shocks for 1590 and then installed them myself with my mate.

Thanks for the info, I was only going to change my T Bars because they have already been wound up. I

whats been done to the ute already?
why has the T bar been wound up? do you have a winch on the front?

the stock leaf springs are crap. upgrading them is the first step. either replace or fit extra leaf(s).
to match the rear springs you will then need to wind the front Tbars up. however if you have a front winch, dual batterys etc then you will need to get bigger T bars.
standard shocks are ok up to 2" lift so i would leave them to last.

Just so you know extended shackles are illegal in WA. Go see Ironman in Bentley, they'll sort you out with a 40mm lift shocks, t bars, leafs, u bolts and bushes all installed for under $1500.

Nice Navara 09! I got lazy and got TJM to install my tough dog kit. I got the medium leaves. do you notice that the medium leaves are more than two inches? I mean they are mean't to be 2 inches maybe they are, and i'm just seeing things, but me and my mate reckon that sit much higher then 2 inchs. the rides pretty stiff 2, but that will sort it's self out when its loaded I guess :D

Hey mate would you install them yourself? because i bought mine off the toughdog dealer site and got new leafs torsions new shocks with rear adjustable shocks for 1590 and then installed them myself with my mate.

it was at first but after a while they settled down. im thinking bout removing some toughdog leaves and adding some of the nissan leaves that will be reset to 2 inchs for a bit more flex will be doing that soon. did you get the adjustable shocks?

Back