RustyNavs Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Well ive been here a while and finally decided i would chuck up a bunch(alot of) pictures since they day i owned it.

Ive had this car now for hmmmm over a Year i think i am second owner and purchased it worth a whopping 12000kms on it (got you all hooked now). It was just coming on a year old when i got it.

Its a white 2009 Thai built D22 one of the first with the new tub shape. Since owning i have done a few mods. Including suspension(thanks to zordo), uhf with aerial on front bar, new rims and rubber, led lighting thanks to thumpainc, exhaust system - 2.5" pressed mild steel(it was on car when purchased), bluetooth hands free, rust protection (that doesnt work - also was on car when purchased), Stanadyne Fuel Filter with glass bowl inline with genuine filter(double filtration)

to come
- HD Upper Arms
- Body Lift
- Scottybobcat Sliders and Side Bars
- Genuine Steel Winch Bar(when one pops up on ebay at right price)
- Custom Canopy Roof Tent
- Custom Draw System(should be started soon)
- ChipIt Chip
- ERPS Rust Prevention 6point
- EGT + Boost Gauge in Piller Pod
- Rear Bar
- Roof Console

2 weeks after purcahse at 4x4 driving course
SDC11753.jpg

SDC11752.jpg

the trainers used my vehicle as the show vehicle for the demonstration of locked and unlocked hubs. only cause it was the newest :(

Nice looking car mate !! One day I will post some pic's of my mod's. I have been taking them just cant find the time to post

i have none of my lift :S odd im 100% sure i have pictures somewhere. ohwell most of us know what lifts look like. 2" efs kit comfort load in rear with heavy shocks in front with wound up torsion bars

but anyway the week after i got the car
SDC11875.jpg

EGR block plate out of 1.8s/steel
IMAG0056.jpg

UHF got installed and was a GME 3440 with aerial no pictures soz.

then the rubber came
IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

SDC12975.jpg

Black Kings steel wheels in 16x8 +20. had no scrubbing unless flexed at full lock. nothing a stanley knife didnt fix on the mud flap, also some chunky rubber Federal Couragia MT in 265/75/16 8PLY

Last edited:
then i got bored on my day off yesterday. 4 day wknds certainly get me bored if i havent got anythign to do.

painted the brake drums and calipers RED out of all the colours i chose it was red. it goes faster :p

Rears
IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

Fronts
15062011_002_.jpg

15062011_001_.jpg

for shits and giggles this was my previous car before the Nissan. My much loved and missed 07 BT50 Single Cab. i would of loved to kept it but funds didnt allow. everytime i see it on the road i cry cause i want it back and it doesnt get treated like a baby anymore

100120101449.jpg

spme custom airbrushing work i got done by a work mate. NO CHARGE free work it was a trial run for some bigger projects he had for other stuff. looks dam neat
21102008086.jpg

Well it gets home bound weekly. The wife is the only one that drives it. But she has he lil Ford fiesta that she also drives. The car in the background is my work van merc sprinter lwb. So we have 3 cars :(. The nav gathers lots of dust from sitting all the time.

Well thanks to Matt from thumpainc I have my hid kit for the ipf900 spit lights. The kit went in with no fuss bit I did take my time in doing it. I was in no rush and doing other jobs around the house and just picked lil bits at a time.

All I have to say is WOW what a difference in light. Ended up with H3 55w slimline ballasts 5000k bulbs. They come well protecting in a Thumpa Industries box and it only took 2days to arrive.

Honestly if ur thinking hid for ur spotties or whatever talk to Matt first. He knows his stuff.

I will get pictures up once I get to a computer

Cjeers

HID Kit Install into IPF 900 - just a few pcitures

Basic Tools i used. i had the small drill handy at the time i wanted it so if you gotta a bigger one it will do the same thing
IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

and we all know what an ipf 900 looks liek when its back together.

its a pretty simpler install just gotta make sure you zip tie everything back in teh casing properly and seal all holes made with a good silicone( either roof and gutter or sikaflex automotive stuff or 252)

The 4wd H/D System CouplerTec Rust Prottection went in today. was a easy install even with little automotive electronic skills. the directions are straight forward just findingthe best route to run the cables to the back is the hardest part.

i went from the CouplerTec unit back through the wheel arche then into the cab through the rubber grommet, fed it down the side of the door sills and then down through the rubber grommet in the floor under the drivers seat where the wiring harness goes for the rear taillights and all the other stuff down that end. once i completed the install i made sure i resealed this grommet under the drivers seat with automotive grade non slump silicone (Sikaflex Automotive Silicone). i accidentally got white not black but it does the same job.

here are a few pictures of my install.

CouplerTec Unit
IMAG0168.jpg

Drivers Side Coupler
IMAG0152.jpg

Passenger Side Coupler
IMAG0153.jpg

and yes thats KN stickers and there is a KN filter inside there.

Rear Drivers Side
IMAG0149.jpg

Rear Passenger Side
IMAG0150.jpg

it was also recommended to me that i earth the tub somewhere on the chassis again just to make sure there is sufficient contact for it. the factory stuff inst the best earthing. I earthed it from the chassis down near the spare wheel across and up onto the tub. This is what i came up with:

IMAG0161.jpg

im pretty sure thats the ABS wiring

IMAG0164.jpg

the new split tube that you see is the tube that contains the new rust protection wiring to go to the rear and the old split tube is the wiring harness for the rear taillights etc.

NOW FOR THE FUNNY PART - when i purchased the nav second hand about year half ago i think, i was told it has rust protection installed already. So i checked and sure enough it did it looked like a good unit to me and the lights were flashing the correct colour etc. i tried to contact the company to get some info on the system and never i mean NEVER head back from them after numerous emails etc. so lil while down the track the flishing lights started to get less of and change colour, odd i said to myself so i disconnected the positive and reconnected and nothing changed. so i jsut shrugged it off and forgot bout it for a while. i was doing a full check over my car after i had dropped the oil and filter and stuff like that only to notice the unit was flashing 2x RED lights, this was when i started hunting rust units and comparing them. i tried to follow all the wires and they were all there but one sneaky blue wire dissappeared somewhere and i had no idea where it went. when i pulled out the battery and started taking all the wires of i had a chance to actually really follow this wire to its end, only to find 1 tiny blue wire from unit to a ring terminal that was bolted under one of the earthing wires for the motor to body.

this is the picture of what a company calls RUST PROTECTION SUPERIOR STYLE
IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

so we have black for earth or negative whichever you want to call it, red for positive and the awesome blue wire which was meant to be protection my WHOLE VEHICLE.

i was shocked really shocked. i see it as i had 1 positive and 2 earths. that wire was doing absoloutely nothing. the wire is so small it'd ahve to be like 1mm thick wire.

this is what has happened to my tray since new. tub liner was fitted and ahs been removed cause it holds in all the sand dirt and stuff and rubbs the paint off the tray and leaves me with the lovely stuff my MotorOne Rustopper Unit was meant to be preventing.

IMAG0144.jpg

these spots are from front to back

Latest posts

Back