Whats needed to convert my Z24 Pathfinder to a TD27?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoare85

Reaction score
Ok well the poor old Z has clocked over 360000k and is lacking to say the least a little compression. I have located a TD27 with 149000k on it locally for $1750.

Firstly besides the engine what else will i be needing?
Secondly is this price reasonable?

I intend to rebuild it before fitting either way as i know the wreckers are never great for keeping engines in good running condition.

Any help will be great thanks
Sam

Price is pretty steep. You'll need a whole different wiring harness, instrument cluster, fuel pickup in the tank, a different gearbox as the bolt pattern is different, you'll need the engine mounts to suit a TD27, a diesel fuel filter bracket and priming pump plus associated plumbing... the list goes on. You really need to buy a wreck and swap everything over.

To easy thanks for all your help I have now found a complete 2001 Terrano for 3300 which is turbo intercooled so I am thinking this will be the go

To easy thanks for all your help I have now found a complete 2001 Terrano for 3300 which is turbo intercooled so I am thinking this will be the go

Sounds more like it. I'm not sure what you'll need to change on the Terrano II bits that you've found since the Terrano II is based on a D22 chassis but I'd say you'll have a fairly easy time since you've got the complete vehicle there to work with.

I don't think the D22 & D21 chassis are that different. My KA24 came from a D22 and slotted right into the D21 chassis, even things like the air box had bolt holes for them in the right spots.

Guess you like your D21 though. $3300 could buy a whole ute with roadworthy, I would have thought.

I don't think the D22 & D21 chassis are that different. My KA24 came from a D22 and slotted right into the D21 chassis, even things like the air box had bolt holes for them in the right spots.

I mean more that the Terrano II is a wagon D22, where a Terrano I is a wagon D21, and the key differences are wiring related, new waterproof plugs and the introduction of a fusible link etc, but with the whole car to work with, he'll be fine.

Things lining up to bolt together = the easy part! :sarcastic:

Guess you like your D21 though. $3300 could buy a whole ute with roadworthy, I would have thought.

Would it be an intercooled turbo diesel ute though? But you're right, $3300 is a lot

Latest posts

Back