Camber adjustment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chev182

Reaction score
I am new to this and not mechanically minded. I have a Spanish built stx 06/08 d40.

How can I tell if I need to get after market camber adjusters for a 2" lift. I am hoping mine will be able to cover it.

Any photos would help as I don't know what camber adjusters look like.

pretty sure you will need it, speak to aussie frontier or wait for him to reply, hes the go to man regarding this shit

Yeah your camber will more than likely go to shyte when you lift the front. What you need to do is have a look to see if you have camber pins. Some of the Spanish trucks got them from the factory others ( most unfortunately) did not.
Look under the front of the truck where the lower arm of the suspension bolts to the chassis,there will be a bolt with a 18mm( I think ) bolt going thru the chassis mount .If that bolt has a centered washer then you have no camber adjustment. If the washer looks like its got the hole not going thru the center then you will have camber adjust.
If that doesnt make sense lemmeknow and Ill try to dig up some pics
Ok found them.This is what the back bolt will look like on your lower suspension arm. Notice how the washer is off center. This is a concentric adjustment bolt. Yours will have the same on the rear mount , its if the front bolt looks the same or not that matters
16122008105.jpg

Last edited:
I know this matters bugger all but I had a look on my Thai ST & that too has camber adjustment.

I assume that the non-adjustable camber issue only applies to some of the Spaniards?

Thanks for that, it looks like I have a camber adjustment. There is a standard washer and bolt at the front of the lower control arm and a off centre one at the rear of the lower control arm.

apparently there were 2 chassis shops in spain and one shop installed camber the other didnt so some of the earlier Spanish built trucks got camber but it appears most didnt.

I'm just laughing thinking about a bunch of Spaniards standing around with a box full of off centre washers scratching their heads wondering where they were supposed to go

G’day Guys,

I have been floating around this forum for a while and have picked up some fantastic information about the D40, but I am still a little confused on the camber issues. I have previously owned a D40, and I had that fitted with 40mm lift and I didn’t have any issues with camber as I had the adjustment bolts fitted as standard. It was a 05 ST-X V6 manual.

My question is I am looking to buy another D40 and I was wondering if there is a certain year model I should be aiming for to help guarantee that it will have the adjustment bolts?? It seems it is a bit hit as miss if they will have them or not????

As I am from Tassie, I will be most likely heading over to Melbourne to buy my new ute, and I don’t want to find one, turn up there and get a nasty surprise that I will have dramas fitting suspension to it when I get it back home as it has no adjustment. I see that there are some options like new upper control arms etc, but my thought is if I buy the right ute with adjustment already fitted, I can avoid all that extra expense....
I am only looking around the 30 grand mark, so an ST is out of the question so an earlier ST-X is what I will be aiming for. Also I see that the ST’s rear seats don’t fold up like the ST-X does.

Any help you may be able to offer will definitely be appreciated. Hopefully it will help me save some dramas later on......

CHEERS MURF

Hey Murf
Yes you would have been one of the lucky ones with an 05 ST-X that would have come fitted with camber adjustment. Mine is an 06 built 07 complianced D40 and I had to get after market upper control arms from PRG in the US to get camber adjustment. However there are now offset bush's available for both upper and lower control arms so you can get a non adjustable front end back into a decent spec as fart as camber goes.
As for the back seats I think the ST-X is the only model that comes with the back seats being able to be folded up.Others are only able to fold the back down.Early 07 models still had the centre arm rest in the back seat but that was taken out in later 07 models.

Thanks for that aussie much appreciated. So I am assuming that there is no certain year model when it changed to a fixed camber point?

I am starting to think, by the time I add up a suspension kit, camber bolts, upper control arm etc, it may nearly not be that much more in price to fit the 5 inch calmini kit. My original plan was for a 2 inch suspension, and then a 2 inch body lift if I could get one passed by transport. Down here is tassie transport have no issues with current model hilux's having a body lift, so the airbag thing mustn't be a problem. I understand the hilux airbag sensors may be a little different than the Nav, but there is always a chance of having a kit approved.

But as I said for all the hassle just going straight to the calmini kit might be the easiest option.......

CHEERS

MURF

As far as I know all the Thai built trucks come with camber adjustment.
Easiest way to pick where the truck comes from is the radio antenna. Spain put the antenna in the middle of the roof at the front and Thailand puts the antenna in the front cowl on the left just in front of the windscreen.

Latest posts

Back