Reversing lights, I need better

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
I am going to do something so I can actually see whats behind me when I am reversing out of the yard in the mornings. Has anyone done anything of the sort? A mate of mine with a D22 has put a little spottie below the back bumper facing backwards, I am thinking either that or might try and do something a bit cleverer like mounting one of the round foglight size lights into the rebated step of the bumper so that nothing hangs down to get smashed. I might try and mount a little spot light of the underside of the sportsbar aswell that can shine into the tray when I go to moreton in a couple of months.

Anyone got pics of theirs?

Cheers
Matt

A couple of worklights mounted to the rear bar? Switched so they come on when you reverse and also a separate switch so you can manually turn them on?

I got some tiny little 55w spotties from super cheap, hooked into reversing lights work as good as gold, I've got an alloy tray though which makes life a bit easier

I put one under the rear of my tray (55 watt) straight off the battery, fuse, switch then light. I turn it on as I need it, like setting up camp in the dark :idea:

I mounted 2 x driving lights to the underside of both sides of the rear bar and wired up to the dash, bought an original switch from nissan, ............. then on my first 4wd weekend up in high country i ripped one off and damaged the other, that was about 3 years ago and to this day i still haven't put them back on as i am thinking of mounting one to the top of my roofrack. I don't recommend putting them under the rear bar for this reason.

cheers,

Lance

i got a hella widebeam light under the tray on a bracket. its a great light as it has 2 globes so its set to point slightly apart but still have great middle area coverage.

got it wired up to a 3 way switch in the dash and 2 relays so i can choose to have it either turning on when reversing automatically, off altogether, or on whenever i want it on.

if anyone wants a quick MS Paint of the wiring then i dont mind posting it up

i got a hella widebeam light under the tray on a bracket. its a great light as it has 2 globes so its set to point slightly apart but still have great middle area coverage.

got it wired up to a 3 way switch in the dash and 2 relays so i can choose to have it either turning on when reversing automatically, off altogether, or on whenever i want it on.

if anyone wants a quick MS Paint of the wiring then i dont mind posting it up

I have a 55W light attached to an ARB rear step bar which works great. AT the moment it is just wired to a switch in the dash, but would like to wire it up like your option. A diagram of the wiring you have done would be great.

Thanks
Mark

this is my setup, i think it should be self explanatory enough but ask questions if you need help. it works for me, but if anyone spots a mistake then give me a yell

wiringdiagramreverse.png

relay 1 uses the indicator circuit to activate the relay thus turning it on.

and number 2 is the no light circuit as there is no circuit, haha

Matt,
I plan to put two Rigid Industries Duallies underslung on my sports bar to light the Tub and everything around it.... on a three way switch feeding off Reverse so that I can switch on/off as needed or have them come on with when reversing....Oh hang on a second just like the diagram above Doh! but atleast they'll be up out of the way....

Cheers
Matt

i have mounted two LED brand work lights (white) on the rear of my roof racks, fantastic for camping and for reversing.

i've mounted a switch on the dash board to turn the circuit ON/OFF during normal use when driving around.

and then in the rear of the canpy i have mounted two seperate switch's (to use when camping) which isolates each light in order to turn them on/off at night (note: switch on dashboard needs to be ON for all this to work)

These LED brand work lights draw bugger all load and they are coming off the 2nd battery (deep cycle), so i dont mind leaving them on at night when i'm camping (for a copule of hours at a time)

Unfortunatly i dont have a good photo yet of them, but i'll try to get a photo up within a couple of days.

Only draw back with the lights is that they are not cheap (i think they cost me about $350 for the pair). But they work a real treat.

I put 2 rectangular driving lights mounted up under the back to the back of the mud flaps. Connected via a relay so they only come on when in reverse. as they are so far up behind the wheels they dont shine at any cars behind so the cops leave me alone .
21122008112.jpg

NavaraMods179.jpg

NavaraMods178.jpg

Matt have mounted a 70mm round spot light in the rear bumper (one of two) will post pic shortly.

Matt,
I plan to put two Rigid Industries Duallies underslung on my sports bar to light the Tub and everything around it.... on a three way switch feeding off Reverse so that I can switch on/off as needed or have them come on with when reversing....Oh hang on a second just like the diagram above Doh! but atleast they'll be up out of the way....

Cheers
Matt

Do you mean some of these??

Mitchell Bros 4x4 & more - Online 4x4 Store - Rigid LED Lighting - Dually Camping/Clearance Lighting

Latest posts

Back