VNOG - guided tour through the high country

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodyD40

Reaction score
Hi Folks ... just thought i'd put it out there to see if there is any interest in an organised guided tour through the VIC high country (centered around the Mansfield area).

I have recently come into contact with a promenant local in the Mansfield area and will be going up to meet him for a weekend recy through the mansfield area sometime in the next 2 months. After that i will be in a good position to know how large a group i can organise to do a guided trip through the area.

At this stage i'm not expecting it to be an extreme 4wd trip.
There may be some cost involved in having a guide with us for the trip.
BYO everything - i expect it to be fully self catered, including camping equip and vehicles, but there may be opportunity to sleep in huts.
Camp fire discussions will be conducted by the tour guide telling of the history of the area and colourfull characters known in the area as well.

If this trip were to happen, i expect that it could happen in the late winter or early spring. Not ready to set a date just yet.

Please post any expressions of interest in this thread so i know how much interest there might be. :cheers!:

You do realise that nearly all of the 4wd tracks in that area don't reopen again until the Melbourne Cup weekend and even then, that's entirely dependent on any damage sustained to them over the winter closure........

Matt, yes i'm aware of the normal road closures. With having a local guide, the locals know which roads and tracks are open and available and are not subject to the closures by parks and the snow fields.

There are roads around the foothills that are still accessable, and this will be more of an educational guided trip - not really a 4wd trip. The areas we will be accessing are normally reserved for horse groups (but not used in the colder winder/spring months) and also for business people for 'group building' excersices. We will of course not be needing the facilities that these other groups would normally need, as we are capable of being self-sufficient. But it does give us access to areas that we would not normally consider going to or exploring - that is what is of interest to me, and hopefully others as well.

Good on ya Woody.

A bit of a bio about the 'local' might be useful. 'Cause in the HC there are locals and then there are locals.

Thanks for the reminder ... might be doing something in early december at this stage ... keep reminding me Ridgie

You slack arse, go back to work and do something productive then :ha:

I can offer you a guided tour through the farm paddocks, there is lumps, bumps, rocks, cow shit and even a water crossing....well when I say crossing I mean I'll stay on the dry side with the tractor and pull you out because the creeks up about 8 foot at the moment :big_smile:

HA ... your a good one to talk ... were you in your office today ???

:ha:
:ha
:ha:

Hope ya enjoying your 'holidays' slacko.

You know what they say, you can choose your friends, but not your ....

Well not in my home office but it was lucky my office is somewhat mobile :ha:

I may not be able to choose them but can I shoot them?

Anyway back OT, want me to give you a guided tour of the cowshit paddocks (I know it's not technically on topic but it saves people complaining if it's atleast close :big_smile:)

want me to give you a guided tour of the cowshit paddocks (I know it's not technically on topic but it saves people complaining if it's atleast close

Ummmm ..... NO THANK YOU.

I have the HIGH country in mind, not the LOW country. :sarcastic:

You obviously don't know our place, mountain goats refuse to walk some of our paddocks., but if you want to be like that then fine I wont offer any more :eviltongue:

See Woody with all your useless dribble you are annoying people (except Onlock he's forgotten what you were dribbling about) :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back