Stick on door handle covers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a hilux that had the extra trims on it .. .the bloke bought it overseas very cheaply. Got to admit it looked pretty good.

I got the misses some for her Suzuki swift, they look good on a black car. They stick well but the chrome plating has cracked on one of them. When I say chrome I mean plastic looking chrome.
These were just el cheapos off eBay but no harm in trying, they still look the goods.

I saw a gold STX the other day with all the ebay bling on it, the chrome look door handles, the chrome look scratchplate under the door handles, the chrome look headlight and tail light pieces, the chrome look tailgate bits and the gold wind deflector things on every window, all with Frontier written on them. I wish I'd taken a pic of it but I was worried that the guy sitting in the driver seat might have thought I was taken the photo because I liked it...each to their own but I reckon they make the car look cheap.

I'd imagine like anything adhesive they will stick on quite fine but will always be one of those items that is hit and miss, some will stick like flies the shit and others will forever need constant re-gluing.

I was only going with the door handle covers and I was going for stainless as the plastic may not wear as well. I dare say might as well give them a shot.
The stainless will stand out against the black well I reckon.

I have the plastic chrome door handle covers and they are great. I've had them on for over two years and they have stayed there having done numerous off-road trips Gibb River Rd etc.

I would recommend them. Just make sure you clean the contact surfaces with an alcohol wipes prior to attaching the covers and there shouldn't be any issues (they usually come in the kit).

I have the STX chrome and I hate them as they peel off and youu ctyour hand on them. Nissan had to replace them with the chrome again as they cannot give me the plain RX door handles. I wouldn't recommend them.

Aussie frontier - I'd like to know where you gonna get the Stainless one from? Not too fond of stick on stuff.

Merchant
Can you remember where you got yours from?
Tiburn
I wasnt aware the ST-X has external chrome handles or are you talking about the internal handles

Sorry I was talking about internal ones, but I would say the outside would peel more quickly as it is exposed to the elements.

The outside ones aren't a coating like the internal chrome work they are a piece of plastic stuck on with glue and come in a chrome look as far as I remember from the ebay ads. I presume they are made from the same cheap material the tailgate bling is, whether the dearer ones with Frontier are made any differently I don't know.

I'd say that with everything I sold on Ebay too :big_smile:

I've only seen the dearer ones in pictures which doesn't give a true representation but they do look very similar.

For $25 I wouldn't be too upset when they aren't stainless!

I don't like them, they look like they have just been stuck on. Although I don't like chrome stuff full stop, I want to paint my grille & mirrors black just to get rid of the chrome

I have the cheap ones off Ebay and they are good value for money, polished stainless, with good quality double sided tape. They look heaps better than faded black handles, and all for about $25...

Didn't Nissan do that for you with the multiple shades of paint........

Oh your so funny !!!!!
But as it just so happens the truck had the main body painted yesterday/today so its going to be all the same non factory colour by the time it gets back.
Even created my own paint code for the new colour lol
AFMB Aussie Frontier Midnight Black
the blackest black in the Glasurit range with 5% Blue pearl.

Latest posts

Back