No Brake Proportioning Valve on 2010 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daza

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive been reading through posts on adjusting the brake proportioning valve once a vehicle that has been raised.

Just sussed out the manual and got the specs, went out to check if it was in spec and I cant see one on mine. I can see where the 2 studs are to mount the adjustable bracket but no valve or spring etc.

Does anyone know whether anything needs to be adjusted on the newer navs for the brake bias. I would have thought thered have to be something.

thanks in advance :)

There's not so much need for it with ABS - every tyre's max braking effort is already traction-limited.

Was thinking it might be in the master cylinder if there is one at all.. A newer model service manual would be great.

Surely there would have to be some sort of adjustment considering the extra load that can be carried in the rear when needed..

I'm baffled..have traced the lines pretty much back to the master cylinder and can't see anything.. Unless it's a preset brake bias of something like 60/40 or 70/30?

Tweake you mean pressure tested? Or tested with weight in the rear? I have tried neither.. I'm was only going on the assumption that the car had one and that when a vehicle is lifted the valve usually needs adjusting.. Ready posts about adjusting them triggered me to have a look..

I can't say I noticed a decrease in braking performance after I raised the car. Even so I'm still curious to know whether there's an adjustment to be made or something I can check without putting gauges on.. Think I might try ringing snake racing..

Or can I just go out at 80 or so and stomp the brakes and see what happens with the abs?

Or can I just go out at 80 or so and stomp the brakes and see what happens with the abs?

Thats exactly what i'd be doing ... making sure there is no one around etc.

I've done that before with my falcon, loaded and also unloaded ... then done it with a semi-loaded box trailer too. The ABS brakes acted as i expected them to, and the car pulled up straight everytime.

with mine i had access to a nice quiet metal road and stompt the brakes, locked the fronts right up and checked if rears locked up. adjusted it to till rears didn't lock up. (this is on D22)

if you have ABS then theres little point. tho you could pull the ABS fuse and see what it does.

thanks for the advice, I just rang snake racing and the bloke reckons hes never seen a nav that didnt have a brake proportioning valve on the rear diff.

ill go for a squirt and lock the brakes up see and what goes on. Its nearly due for a service so ill ask the guys when I drop it in also.

Latest posts

Back