bashplate on bodylift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav

Reaction score
just curious as to how everyone has gone about there bashplate with the 2 inch bodylift, with the crumple zones in the way. as i lift the bullbar itll sit about 1.5-2 inches above the top of the crumple zone and am curious as to how everyones gone about makin up new bashplate. and do these crumple zones set off the airbags if there smacked or wat ???
cheers

Attachments

• Navaracrumplezone air bag sensor.jpg
    Navaracrumplezone air bag sensor.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 320
do these crumple zones set off the airbags if there smacked or wat ???

No it's more like an accelerometer like what's in your iPhone, 7g of decelleration sets off the air bags. It's not based on the deformation of the crumple zones

but when the bullbar is lifted to suit body lift, then gonna have to extend the bashplate, and just seein who has made one up to get round around the crumple zones.

I cut rectangle sections out of the bullbar bash plate to clear the chassis. because I raised the factory steel bullbar on it's mounts the plate no longer met up with old fixing points on the bullbar mounts so I increased the angle of the existing crease and put a crease in the other direction at the end which allowed me to bolt it up to my TJM sump bash plate.

Cheers

im a little confused on how you explained that pete, you cut out sections on the bash plate, so you have got holes in it now ??? so your crumple zones are exposed ???
sorry if this sounds retarded im just a little lost....

yeah, cut rectangle section out of lower corners of plate (not holes). you can see the front/lower inch of the chassis but looks OK as it is down low.

yeah i sorta figured my way round it. spoke to guy at coastals about it, who helped massively. so shit will get underway

you guys got any pics of what you did with the bashplate?
im about to fit up my new steel bar, bodylift is already in so the standard plate isnt gonna fit.

ill throw up a pic of mine when its done, its in getting one made up now. should come up alright.

got the new front bashplate to suit the lifted bullbar fitted up.
came up pretty good.

a mate who works at all terrain 4x4 in Moorabbin did the bash plate for me.

Attachments

• 100_0856.JPG
    100_0856.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_0857.JPG
    100_0857.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 183

Latest posts

Back