coil helpers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melly

Reaction score
g/day fellas, has anyone out there had anything to do with coil helper springs that fit in place of air bags? first time i have seen them was in opposite lock in mackay. at this point in time i have a set of air bellows and we are not happy at all. we only run 22psi with the van on and they give a very ruff ride. tried them at40psi and no difference. want to try these coils. Any thoughts would help. regards melly

G'day melly. I have not had any experience with the coil helper springs, but I fitted a pair of Ironman Load Plus helper springs.
I don't carry much weight in the tub, but every now & then my wife wants a load of loam for the garden & the thing wallows, sits on the bump stops & handles like a pig.
I tow a 1.8t van a couple of times a year & thought I would try the helper springs at $125. They have been great & only took about 30mins to fit.
I adjusted them to tow the van at Christmas & have left them on that setting.
Cheers,
Phil

+1 on the Ironman springs- although I don't believe they are the absolute best solution, they sure do give the tail a little height when it's loaded and it's hard to argue with the price.

I do notice some knocking sound when the vehicle is rising after the rear suspension compresses (eg after hitting a speed hump). If I was going to have a constant load I'd go heavier springs, but for the money and the variable load that I have, the Ironmans aren't actually too bad.

+2 on the Ironman helpers.
I've been running them for 2+ years with a constant minimum 700kg of weight in the back and although it still hits the bump stops when off roading if I go over something really big or to fast they are great.
The ute sits pretty much level and handles like factory on the road.

Back