Winch Control Location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1102

Reaction score
Hi
Got a Warn XD9000 without a control box, been looking at TG Thompson and Tiger11 Solenoids on EBay, has anyone relocated winch control under the bonnet to keep it dry. Doesnt look like a lot of room under bonnet of a D40 diesel.
Any suggestions??

Mine's on top of the chassis rail behind the bullbar. Hidden from the casual observer but still subject to the elements in a downpour or when wading through a creek.

To prevent tampering, I strongly suggest a 500A switch mounted right near the battery, so that anyone that wants to hook your towbar up to your winch and start the thing will have to pop your bonnet first - and that might be too much trouble.

I recently did this on my d40, I got an albright solenoid from smithi engineering for 170 delivered, I mounted it up in the back passenger corner of the engine bay just behind the abs unit, I also ran 35mm double insulated cable and have a wireless controller and a momentary on, off, momentary on toggle switch in cab as a backup if the battery goes flat on my wireless remote. Whole setup is allot safer and away from the elements as I destroyed my first on that was mounted behind my bullbar.
Hope this helps
Kyle

I recently did this on my d40, I got an albright solenoid from smithi engineering for 170 delivered, I mounted it up in the back passenger corner of the engine bay just behind the abs unit, I also ran 35mm double insulated cable and have a wireless controller and a momentary on, off, momentary on toggle switch in cab as a backup if the battery goes flat on my wireless remote. Whole setup is allot safer and away from the elements as I destroyed my first on that was mounted behind my bullbar.
Hope this helps
Kyle

See you have a Tigerz11 Winch, was it a Tigerz11 solenoid that didnt like being located behind your bar? Was it that it didnt like a drink?
No voltage drop problems with the 35mm cable?

Yeah it was a tigerz solenoid that died on me but realistically if it was mounted away from the elements im sure it would of been fine, the standard cabling on the tigerz was 25mm and it just so happened I had the 35 at home so I thought I would use it, and yeah theres no voltage drop issues, on the plus side.the cable doesnt heat up as much so there is less current flow which intern means a longer healthier winch life, guys I know run upto 95mm on there comp trucks

Latest posts

Back