Central locking not working with turbo timer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hon-su

Reaction score
Just fitted a turbo timer purchased from New Pro Tech. Plug and play so I thought. Fitted it but left an orange wire free which is supposed to be wired to your alarm system. Somehow I neglected that and couldn't find a way to wire it somewhere.

Now remote central locking dont work until the timer has finished. Where do you wire this orange wire to?? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance...

Fgallery1-9.jpg

According to the D40 manual (page 22/118 of BL.pdf):

Door Lock Warning Function
Under following conditions lock actuators will not respond and buzzer warning will beeps while pressing door lock/unlock switch in LOCK direction.
 Ignition switch is turned OFF
 Mechanical key is out of ignition key cylinder
 Door is opened (except driver side door)

I have not fitted a turbo timer to mine, so I can't say HOW to make it work. My intention is to NOT fit a turbo timer, but instead to fit an EGT gauge and sit with the vehicle until it is cool enough to shut down - so I'm not able to give you an answer on how to make it work, I can only point to the likely reason why yours doesn't.

And there's a chance that you may not be able to overcome that. Nissan have been pretty clever with some of their other programming (just look at how crazy the heated O2 sensor programming is) and the same sadists may have worked on the door lock system.

I'd argue that 95% of the time a turbo timer isn't required and therefore not worth the cost or time installing but I'm just not into arguing :ha:

No worries. I'll look into installing the EGT gauge in place of the turbo timer.

Latest posts

Back