Lifting Steel Bullbar to Match 50mm Bodylift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy222220_0

Reaction score
Lift your Nissan/Arb steel bar to match 50mm bodylift

One of the easiest mods to do. (drill 2x12mm holes)

Bolt the mounting brackets up as per normal.

IMAG0025.jpg

You'll notice there is already a hole (round) 45mm below the std oval mounting hole. (see 3rd pic)

Use this, mock the bullbar up using these 2 holes and adjust the gap to guard clearance so its equal.

IMAG0029.jpg

mark where new location hole in bullbar goes with scribe. Drill with 12mm bit.

IMAG0023.jpg

Bolt up and enjoy the newly lift bar

P9080013.jpg

Last edited:
Mate that helps out alot Il be putting in my body lift an raising bullbar once the lift arrives great post cheers!

Just bringing an old post back to life for a bit of a query.....

I'm just starting the process to look for what bullbar to et and from chatting with the fella at TJM, I think those bars are out as later on down the track, I want to install a bodylift and the fella said by raising the winch bar u re also reducing the rating of the winch mounting....... not sure if he is right or not but I reckon I'll look at ARB bars....

Question.... When raising your height of your bar to match a bodylift, what is that exactly doing to the winch mounts in regards to the new higher winch position and the stress on the bullbar mounts, etc?? Does it increase the stress on the bullbar mounts as its no longer a direct pull.... if that makes sense?

rob

it will increase the leverage on the mounting brackets and chassis a bit.
ive winched on mine (genuine nissan) and i coulnt see it flex or anything.
its not a direct pull anyway, the winch pulls from a bit higher than where the brackets mount to the chassis. its only 50mm extra.

it will increase the leverage on the mounting brackets and chassis a bit.
ive winched on mine (genuine nissan) and i coulnt see it flex or anything.
its not a direct pull anyway, the winch pulls from a bit higher than where the brackets mount to the chassis. its only 50mm extra.

cool..... thanks 4 that

Latest posts

Back